Fu Dawg is STUPID!

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
Ordered it yesterday, showed up on the porch today after work. Put 15 swings on it prior to game. Bat was spitting fire withing 10 swings with Dudley thunder heat .44/375's! Didnt hit any out, didnt really get a pitch to, but the bat was hitting misssles! Think this thing will be legit with a couple hundred swings. Thanks againg demarini for putting out another solid product!

chedched

Coach
I've got around 80 swings on my 27oz. I was prompted to buy one when I swung one that had a couple hundred on it. Mine isn't there yet but it's coming...

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
Is yours webbing up at all yet? I hear they are getting traditional webbing in a couple hundred cuts or less.

chedched

Coach
Not that I can tell. I am going to go put 50 more on it later, and maybe more tomorrow. I will keep you posted.

doubles

Addicted to Softballfans
Mine was purchased used, with some webbing. I personally hit better with it than the J3A.

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
Mine webbed up on the first BP. It's absolutely dumb. Now has a weird rattle like big chunk of composite is loose.

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
Haven't really got to hit mine for a whole BP session. I'm sure it's goin to web pretty fast!

chedched

Coach
Ok, little update.

I went for some bp but was shut down on Saturday. 58 degrees...

Sunday was a little nicer. Got out with some board bros. I was hitting a mix of Evil Bp balls (.52/300), some HyCores (.52/300) , some Thunder Advanced and others mixed in I'm not sure of the specs on. I know there are a couple of X-Rocks mixed in as well.

My first round consisted of around 50 cuts. It still felt like was swinging a 2X4. Near the end I think I started to find a grove. I had the good fortune to swing a broken in Fu at the same time. The difference was pretty obvious.

My second round was about 30-40 more cuts. Around 20 balls in I noticed my Fu started to get more consistent. As I got more tired my swing started to relax a bit but I found it didn't effect my distance much. I seem to have found a sweet spot I can hit consistently and the bat seems to be opening up more. I am pretty excited to put another 100 or so cuts on it and update here.

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for the review keep us updated! Put 50 swings in mine with ZN Stadiums and it is opening up really nice. I can honestly say that with those balls it is hanging with my utrip gamers! Started to show a little webbing too, I think within 100 more swings I will stop BPing it! Games only!

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
UPDATE: Got a dozen Evil BP rockets deliver today to add to my BP bucket! Put about 50 more swings on it tonight! This bat is incredible. Everyone is hyping the J3A and that's great, but for my swing I don't think there is a better ASA stick made! 350' is seriously a chip shot and line drives are scary! If this thing gets any better it couldn't be legal! Best ASA bat I have ever swung HANDS DOWN!

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
Get one! Seriously I don't know how this thing could be ASA legal! I hit two balls tonight (ZN stadiums) that went 370'. That is huge for me! When I was free swinging I was consistent at 340-350, and the few .52/300's I hit were still going 315-320! It's like UTRIP gamer hot man!

HrBump13

Addicted to Softballfans
UPDATE: Got a dozen Evil BP rockets deliver today to add to my BP bucket! Put about 50 more swings on it tonight! This bat is incredible. Everyone is hyping the J3A and that's great, but for my swing I don't think there is a better ASA stick made! 350' is seriously a chip shot and line drives are scary! If this thing gets any better it couldn't be legal! Best ASA bat I have ever swung HANDS DOWN!

^^
The FU is definitely a great bat. Just a heads up. The day I hit a couple of rounds of BP w/ the Rockets, my FU developed considerable sand rattle & became even hotter. BUT... that is when the cracks started too & it was even more insane. It lasted maybe 300 cuts after that, (as I quit hitting it in BP then), & about 1300 cuts all together. Yesterday I did BP it because the cracks were too bad to be allowed in tourneys anymore. This is what it looks like now:

It is durable for sure, just be careful hitting the Rockets w/ it. Enjoy the DAWG!

sbfreak

D Nation ALL DAY!!!
But it IS safe to swing against 44/375s, right?

yes. I have put about 4-500 cuts on mine with 44/375s and it has no rattle or cracks at all. Has the typical webbing, and it is hot a fire. I love my fu dawg. My j3a just got here yesterday. I will have to get a good bp session in and compare the two.

doubles

Addicted to Softballfans
Mine was purchased used, with some webbing. I personally hit better with it than the J3A.

I'm retracting this statement.
Hit my well broken in FU dawg vs 100 hit j3a in BP yesterday and the J3A was dominating!

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
Hit about 20 balls off the tee with my FU tonight, it's webbing up pretty good on one side but none on the other. I am rotating the bat between swings. Any ideas guys?

HrBump13

Addicted to Softballfans
But it IS safe to swing against 44/375s, right?

Sure is! We hit a mix of them & .52 Evil BPs all of the time. League games & tourneys were always Evil H.O.T. ASA (.44/375) & XROCKs. No problems @ all. It killed 'em. Those Rockets are like .48 cor w/ "mid compression," not sure exactly what that is, but, I would say that if you are gonna hit those balls, do it right out of the wrapper & then stop hitting them after a session or two. Mine was well broken in before I hit them & that is when mine started breaking down.