Fulk 2017

nickham10

John Deere
Any body swing the new Fulk yet? Wondering how it compares to last years Fulk and Triple crown? I know they only went with half ounce endload in the new fulk.

matty12

Coach
I received my mine this morning, it is a 27oz. (I don't have a scale to weigh it)
Dry swung it a few times felt fine, maybe a touch heavier on the endload than I expected.(just because it is a .5 endload or supposed to be) Which threw me off a bit, so I did a quick table test for balance points. I used my freak 30(27),Jeff hall lite(26.5)and even triple crown(26.5)for reference. And to my surprise the '17 fulk appears to have the largest end load of all of them.(feels alot like the '16 did endload wise)I would have expected the freak 30 to have more and the lite to be less but not as drastic as it is.

Attachments

• 1481825692107476073216.jpg
    657.1 KB · Views: 39

bakesta72

washed up hasbeen of SBF
I don't think its gets as hot as fast as last years but it gets really really good after 150 swings or so. I feel like last years only took 50 swings to open up. Needless to say it will be my gamer

*** EDIT

This bat will not be my gamer. The new Miken line is most likely going to be my gamer. The KP Izzy Psycho is one the best bats out of the wrapper I've swung.

Last edited:

legend4130

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't think its gets as hot as fast as last years but it gets really really good after 150 swings or so. I feel like last years only took 50 swings to open up. Needless to say it will be my gamer

That's how I feel about my Connell. My 16 was hot after about 40-50 cuts. My 17 has about 120-140 and isn't as hot yet. I hope it gets there soon though.

bigb0725

Addicted to Softballfans
Definitely swings different than last years fulk. Swung them both in a derby and the new one felt a lot lighter with the .5 endload. Looks like it's like I'll be switching over the the freak30 once my other one breaks

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!
After a recent demo day I was at I would say the Fulk feels very similar to the Freak 12 in weighting. I didn't like last years Fulk but picked up the 2017 after hitting one. The other bat that most people liked was the DC41. While bakesta72 loves the Psycho, it was ok to me. To each his own.

NorCal5150

Rep for GS Sports
Like others have said already weighting wise its similar to the OG Freak 12. The barrel does have a stiffer feel than the Freak 12 though in my opinion. Mine took about 200 swings to really open up. Very impressed with both the 17 Fulk and Hall!!