Fully subbed uniforms

xethicx

Addicted to Softballfans
At what point did someone decide that softball players should look like a mix between a circus clown, a disco studd and a nascar driver?

Just curious, Im seeing some GOD AWFUL uniforms around here. It's like the WLAF is coming back but in the form of softball.

Just saying... there's NO CALL for anyone to wear neon green on a baseball field, EVER, its just not ok.

Cheers to the guys that keep it simple, even when subbed.

Spackler

...got that goin for me
Agreed there are some god awful clown looks out there.... but neon green is my favorite neon color...ijs

jsam21238

Addicted to Softballfans
It is the new generation of players... More worried about how they look than how they play. If you notice most of the better teams have the simplest looking uniforms.

ktown808

The Unknowns
Seen a local team with "Hawaiian" in the name with a big picture of Bob Marley on the front. We'll see how many people see the stupidity in that... :)

beernbombs

Abby's dad
astros.jpg

Frost

I'm on a boat *****
Is this where the old guys hang out and whine about what other guys wear?

"Man the temptations was real music. They could sing and dance."

Here's to the old guys that play league and couldn't hold a tourney teams neon green jock.

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
Is this where the old guys hang out and whine about what other guys wear?

"Man the temptations was real music. They could sing and dance."

Here's to the old guys that play league and couldn't hold a tourney teams neon green jock.

I wouldn't bet on that. We older players are a lot smarter than you younger players. Remember that. :D:D:D

Jussstin

Manager
I saw some uniforms in ft worth that were terrible. Texas Hit squad or something, all kinds of neon colors splotched on to them... looked like straight from a paintball field. We all got some good lulz from those.

And I bet they think they were "tight"

scrub

Addicted to Softballfans
which would be odd since, ya know, the process isn't called dye SUBlimation or anything.

gee I had no idea. now it sounds really cool when you call it that. :rolleyes:

btw, plenty of non-"subbed" jerseys look awful as well. it either looks good or it doesn't....and if you care either way, you guessed it: pickle burglar.

coolluvr4u1976

#1 bomb dropper
If i knew how to post up some pictures, i'd post a picture of myself in our team uni's, very plain , but sharp!!

And i guess it seems to be the norm these days with flashy uni's and such.. tends to make your team look better than they might be???

TexasTransplant

Addicted to Softballfans
I wouldn't bet on that. We older players are a lot smarter than you younger players. Remember that. :D:D:D

Experience is vastly overrated by old men who nod wisely and act stupidly (like playing in 107 degree heat in the SPA Liberty MO tourney a couple weeks ago).

-A fellow senior player-

Softball Freak

Aim for the clown
I remember trying to order high quality uniforms 20 years ago, it could cost $100 a jersey to have your team name sewn on. The new light weight material is great and affordable. It's often over 100 degrees when I'm playing so I love the light weight. I get what you're saying, some teams look like clowns but for us our uni's are there for function first, looks second.

Ferrari1

Addicted to Softballfans
If i knew how to post up some pictures, i'd post a picture of myself in our team uni's, very plain , but sharp!!

And i guess it seems to be the norm these days with flashy uni's and such.. tends to make your team look better than they might be???

This is the case ive seen around here....for example one team ive seen the past 2 weekends...they have brand new real flashy but nice looking jerseys(home and away set)and full customized pants from boombah....also they all have matching bat packs....funny thing is they have like 5 bats total an not 1 high end bat....they can't put up more then 10 runs a game and they got 2 an out....but they look good :cool: