furthest hit ?

vipvanilla

Addicted to Softballfans
we play on fields with fences between 275 and 290. Furthest I've hit one was a couple weeks ago at BP using a 44/375 and my newly acquired OG AV. Google Earth had it about 375ish. That's probably 30-40 feet further than I had hit one before.

LC77

Manager
Wind aided doesn't count, imo.
The furthest I've hit without wind is 375', but I can reach 400' with wind (all with .44/375 balls).
The 375' ones are everything I have and perfect conditions (cookie pitch, rock ball, sweet spot, gamer bat, etc.), so I don't claim the wind aided ones.

My favorite bp homers are against the wind.
When I hit it 300' with a 20 mph wind against me, I really feel like I accomplished something.

g8orguy

Addicted to Softballfans
Ugh, sorry folks, not to be a grammar police but I can't stand misuse of some words and one of them is "further/farther"

You people mean "farther." Farther is physical distance. Further is an advancement in time. To move forward. It is abstract. You can't "hit a ball further." Just remember, "far" for farther. Farther is distance. Further is the rest.

Um, have you seen Jeff Hall? He hits the bawl further. And he does a lot more right than me, so I's going to b like him.

Bubaloo

Manager
lots of crazy hits. thanks for all the input.
im glad I am not playing most of you guys in my leagues. havent seen anyone hitting like this lol. most guys in our leagues have trouble with 300!

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
lots of crazy hits. thanks for all the input.
im glad I am not playing most of you guys in my leagues. havent seen anyone hitting like this lol. most guys in our leagues have trouble with 300!

I've seen four or five guys clear 400' so it's not like every team has five guys doing it, but yes, when those guys take the plate with someone on base there is a really good chance that ball will go over the fence.

bfn18

Addicted to Softballfans
Furthest ball I ever hit was 400+. It was about 70* out and we were using 47/500 reebok vr6000s with my 1000 hit 100h.
distance_zpsc3425e5e.png

the kid

Addicted to Softballfans
Another, how big is your weiner, thread. Smh

are we really doing this thread again?

Hahahaha I love how you guys are so surprised..........like drivers that are still surprised by rush hour traffic :rolleyes: seriously, what's talked about more in slow pitch softball than homeruns??? Of course there's going to be threads about it, when you find something that's talked about more LMK. Even the hottest bat threads can't touch hr's because every bat is judged by how many hr's it hits :D

RTabarango08

Extra Hitter
Hahahaha I love how you guys are so surprised..........like drivers that are still surprised by rush hour traffic :rolleyes: seriously, what's talked about more in slow pitch softball than homeruns??? Of course there's going to be threads about it, when you find something that's talked about more LMK. Even the hottest bat threads can't touch hr's because every bat is judged by how many hr's it hits :D

truth! I always read posts saying, "not this again" or "already talked about". well what else is there to talk about on a slowpitch forum? the same people who whine about threads that have already been posted are the same one that just sit back and don't start threads or have antyhing interesting to say. ha

Bubaloo

Manager
yah sorry guys, new on the forum and just wanted to see what everyone was hitting. but i agree. forums are just repeat threads everywhere. Its just part of the internet :)
im of the mentality if you dont want to be part of the discussion you dont need to be

matte22

Addicted to Softballfans
man u guys are beasts.i hardly ever hit bombs.when i do usualy go 305 ft.furthest ever probly 315.with lady v. or senior combat {snake}:eek:

Wolfynuts24

Jagoff
man u guys are beasts.i hardly ever hit bombs.when i do usualy go 305 ft.furthest ever probly 315.with lady v. or senior combat {snake}:eek:

I cant tell if your serious or not. You cant believe anyone on here. 300ft in real life is like 400 - 450 in SBF world.;)

jerryg10

Addicted to Softballfans
we have a tourny almost every year at avista stadium and we have a few guys that can mash way over the fence. We do use hard balls but im pretty sure some balls landed around 450-500 ft.

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
we have a tourny almost every year at avista stadium and we have a few guys that can mash way over the fence. We do use hard balls but im pretty sure some balls landed around 450-500 ft.

I believe it. 400' is a shot no doubt, but it's not as far as most of the haters think. Most balls that barely clear the fence land at 315'-320'. Think about the popup it would take to clear a fence and land at 301'. Most no doubters are in the 350' range and 400' is not as impossible as many believe. There are plenty of people who think 350' is 400', and plenty of people who hit did it once and say they do it everyday, but it's not as mythical as a lot of folks say it is. I'm always surprised by just how many people doubt that mere mortals who don't get paid to play softball can hit 400'. I drop bombs and I don't get paid to play. I'm terrible in the field and when I don't hit one over I'm popping up or grounding out. Having some power when you hit it right don't mean that you're either a pro or a liar.

J-Bonez

Starting Player
Last September, Baumgardner Park in Sterling Heights, MI

ASA Salvo with 2 weeks of life left in it :-(

Hit a ASA Dudley Thunder .44/375 that was a complete Moon shot. Farthest ball I've ever hit.

And yes I have the ball!!!!

b0d26a1c-697f-463b-b1f1-22d0f7968771_zps425fa646.jpg

blldwg23

Coach
The longest one I ever hit was about 417' (according to google earth and my best of my memory) but that was quite a few years back. The longest one this year was about 2 weeks ago and from what I was told it landed it googled earth out about 372'.

Triple7

Addicted to Softballfans
My farthest shot was a little over 400. I don't hit moon shots mine go straight out. Juice And TA's I usually don't watch my HRs but I saw this one go and it just kept going up after it passed 300.

rmeeks8137

Addicted to Softballfans
Utrip z1000 hitting .52 core tattoos, guy that retrieved it from being plugged in the bank of a soggy bayou google earthed it at 403'