Future review

hobnobbin

Addicted to Softballfans
Swung my 26.5 Future today with DeMarini Stones 300 comp balls.

Had to swing off the tee no one else was off work and I didn't want too wait.The bat swings great stiff handle and barrel the ball is crisp off the barrel on contact and has very good exit speed through the infield.Distance was not bad considering it was off a tee they mostly 1 hopped the fence which I thought was pretty good.
Thought to ponder is everyone complained about durability so we now have durable bats that will be as hot or hotter then last years you just need to put a few hundred swings on them and that's not a bad thing.

My Aftermath seemed to hit the 300comp a tad better but again when the Future starts changing sounds as you hit balls and opens up...well it will be a bat to have.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
How were the stones? In the past manufactures balls have been crap and Demarini's were some of the worst, curious if they have gotten better. Seems like they are pushing them more than a me too product.

hobnobbin

Addicted to Softballfans
First 300 comp I have hit so tough to compare the ball to others, the stitches have a rise on the ball and bouncing them on pavement they pop back up a good 5ft. Seem to be a good ball to me but again the only 300 I have hit. There a bit expensive but are a hard ball.

Luda1468

Addicted to Softballfans
We use the stones in league here and they're not a terrible ball. Get pretty good distance on them but they do take nasty hops at least more than the 44/375 we hit before. I haven't noticed them getting really mushy but the test to that will be the Arizona heat.

We too have played with the stones in our league. I like em. I noticed a lot of hop's as well, but nothing to crazy.
A little off tpoic but what's a good durable Tee to use? I have a crappy walmart one. Any input, and price options would be highly appriecated boys.

hobnobbin

Addicted to Softballfans
Get a quick fold tee that takes up little room transporting Rawlings has a good one but there are a few.

killer mike

Addicted to Softballfans
How were the stones? In the past manufactures balls have been crap and Demarini's were some of the worst, curious if they have gotten better. Seems like they are pushing them more than a me too product.

Ken you hit the STONES @ Wupang tourney in Oroville

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
A lot of guys make their own, but I use a Schutt travel Tee. Love it. Fold up nicely, it's 2 pieces with a replaceable top. The tops sell for $4ea, so when buying, I'd throw an extra one in. I elec taped the current one on when I got it, and have hit it plenty of times with no tears, rips ect, still have my 2nd ready to go though.....:) adjustable as well, BUT it doesn't "lock" down tight, so it used to fall a bunch when hitting,

but the thing you twist on is attached to the top shaft, and I just taped it where I like it, so it doesn't slide down anymore. They're about $40 IIRC.

doubles

Addicted to Softballfans
hit my 26.5 future indoors today. feels great. in 2 weeks I should be able to get some real BP in against aftermath and 14 juggy.

shaunt

Central CA Vinci Rep
I hit mine today with a mix of balls (zns, evil bps, mix of asa balls) with very good results. Probably put about 100 hits on it and was very close in distance to my gamer cl22. It still looks brand new and i didnt notice a change in sound or anything yet. Think it will be very good in another 100 or so

ausaint

Star Player
Swung both tonight. B Radical was right. Juggy>Future at least out of the wrapper. But that doesn't mean too much. The future just needs a break in period

Doug

Old and Grumpy
Still stuck in a deep freeze here, but I will say from my back porch that the weighting and swing feel of my newly arrived 27.5 Future is the most perfect (for me) that I've ever felt. Since we're using 52 COR balls, I can't imagine it not being in my game bag even if the distance is a couple feet less than a J3A or J4A or CL22A.

Last edited:

Phyre

Addicted to Softballfans
IMAG0961.jpg

I'll post this in here too since it's more on track than the other thread.

27oz Bal Z2k tape grip & knob cuff -vs- 27.5it's hard to gauge. Future stick grip & knob cuff.

The future felt a lot heavier through the zone. I was late getting it around at times, so I may look to trade down to a 26.5. Bat felt great on solid contact..we were hitting in a tunnel tho so its

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
IMAG0961.jpg

I'll post this in here too since it's more on track than the other thread.

27oz Bal Z2k tape grip & knob cuff -vs- 27.5it's hard to gauge. Future stick grip & knob cuff.

The future felt a lot heavier through the zone. I was late getting it around at times, so I may look to trade down to a 26.5. Bat felt great on solid contact..we were hitting in a tunnel tho so its

Really glad I got the 26.5 other than the 27.5 that was recommended. 26.5 feels great.