Future reviews here

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
Let me say 1st the future new out of the wrapper is no J3A or Mercy.
Hit a new future with a pop toss bat feels great thru the zone sounds real good on contact.Hitting on a 290ft field using 375 hit 50 balls with the future 3 balls over the fence. For comparison I hit my 200 hit mercy for 15 swings and 6 over the fence. The J3A about the same. When I hit the J3A some balls just seem to carry forever when you thought you missed them. The Future seems to be the opposite for me hit some balls that when they left the bat I thought easily over 300 and they would crash the fence. So for me its keep Bping it and see where it goes.

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
I had the same feelings...... it's not really impressive so far. I've got 300 on mine............

My juggy smashed it out of the wrapper........ It's easily got 20' on the Future, and the future has 3x the hits on it...

Last edited:

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
The sound on mine just started to change a little at the end of my last BP session. Have about 220 hits on it now.

Ignite-la

Addicted to Softballfans
Ya I think the j3a & cl22 (2013) are better than the juggy & cl22 (2014) IMO. I think all of those bats out of the wrapper are better than the future. But that is based and what I feel and how the bat is to me. But a friend of mine took the first swing on the future I had and it easily went 325 - 350. But the guy is a beast so to me it doesn't count. I think the future is going to be one of those bats where it takes lil longer to warm up compare to the bats mention before.

d-wreck7

Addicted to Softballfans
Just wait it's gonna be just like an OG stadium everyone is gonna give up on em cause they're durable. Once they get that seam vertical crack they're gonna be lights out.

I think since everyone is used to the new demars being ridiculous outta the wrapper that the future is gonna be a dud.

Especially if you've hit a mercy or J3 outta the wrapper. Demarini set the bar with these and the AM and now everyone is looking for that preformance right outta the wrapper.

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
Just wait it's gonna be just like an OG stadium everyone is gonna give up on em cause they're durable. Once they get that seam vertical crack they're gonna be lights out.

I think since everyone is used to the new demars being ridiculous outta the wrapper that the future is gonna be a dud.

Especially if you've hit a mercy or J3 outta the wrapper. Demarini set the bar with these and the AM and now everyone is looking for that preformance right outta the wrapper.

It would be great if it does end up like the OG stadium. By no means is it bad out of the wrapper,like you you said just not the instant heat of the other DeM's

johnnybravo6

The Edumacated One

I hope it doesn't take a vertical crack to get them to a whole new level. My league will throw out any bat with cracks which would suck. If this ends up being the case I will have to get rid of mine, which won't make me very happy at all!!

natedd

Addicted to Softballfans
Mine was about 20-30 ft behind my aftermath but was better than my Easton L5 with 300 hits. Just traded my future for another aftermath

Doug

Old and Grumpy
...I think the future is going to be one of those bats where it takes lil longer to warm up compare to the bats mention before.

It could also be that people are swinging Futures that are too heavy for their swing given the endload, and a reduction in swing speed has resulted.

Cavett2ea

Droppin **** since 2K
75 hits on my 28.5 in the cage. Thing feels solid. Definitely has an OG Stadium feel but with a bigger endload. Ball was coming off nicely. totally different feel then any other new line ive swung.

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
It could also be that people are swinging Futures that are too heavy for their swing given the endload, and a reduction in swing speed has resulted.

Not in my case 26.5 swings great,for me speed thru the zone feels great.

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
It will be interesting to see if guys are judging the future too harshly out of the wrapper and not giving it time to break in, or if the new barrel tech really isn't as good. I wouldn't be surprised either way. Fu Dawg got a bad wrap early on, but gets plenty hot once broken in. But the value of the Fu hasn't recovered from the damage done with the initial bad reviews.

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
It will be interesting to see if guys are judging the future too harshly out of the wrapper and not giving it time to break in, or if the new barrel tech really isn't as good. I wouldn't be surprised either way. Fu Dawg got a bad wrap early on, but gets plenty hot once broken in. But the value of the Fu hasn't recovered from the damage done with the initial bad reviews.

Will not give up on mine early because it feels great swinging,don't get me wrong here the bat is better than a lot of NOW bats and probably better then some of the old standard bats.

Cavett2ea

Droppin **** since 2K
Last time i checked all the great bats werent fire sticks out the gate. RD28, OG JUGGY, J2U, OG Stadium. Just said it in another thread. where i play ball it only needs to go 300ft and it was going well over that. I like having a bat that last and just gets better and better each swing. J3A is the first to come out to last but lighter weights wont pass testing.

brewcitydude25

Addicted to Softballfans
My Future is a 25.5 oz. Took the wrapper off last week and hit 52/300 HyCons indoors for about 30-40 swings and bat felt very stiff. Reminded me of the MLC I had back in the day. I just got back from hitting today and I'm not too happy. Put about 40-50 hits on it with 44/375 Reeboks (balls kept inside). That's when I noticed the vert crack right over the signature. Took another 10-20 swings with HyCons and it was a whole different bat.

Last edited:

Waggs

Addicted to Softballfans
The demo's we hit were nastt but had vertical cracks and spirals all over the barrels. Well over 1000 swings on them with 44/375's. Just give the bat some time to loosen up.

Anyone have 27.5 that they are looking to trade for a 26.5 ?

26.5 weighs 26.4. Looking for a 27.5 weighing close to 27 oz

nixonride1

SEA -HAWKS
Not sire your going to find that...the lightest of the 3 I had weighed 27.46 or something like that...probably gonna be easier to find a 26.5 that weighs closer to 26.8-9 ish

Z1k05

Star Player
What would they care......no one knows how many he would or would not break and everyone will still buy them.....believe me him breaking bats is not going to bankrupt demarini

Z1k05

Star Player
And I bet his bats are borderline passing compression every weekend ......so chances on some breaking are very good

Z1k05

Star Player
All I'm saying is the general population is not going to know how many bats he will go thru in a weekend or season, if dale swinging the bat continues to sell his product, demarini will keep supplying the bats to him to promote

PaulyP1

Banned User
I agree. And my point is that a bat he's gonna swing with these balls should last more than 100 swings at $250. He may have unlimited, but Brewcitydude doesn't.

Z1k05

Star Player
Agree.... However most of us get to hit 52/300s which the bat was meant for, now I know the majors hit zns which we all know will beat up a bat, unfortunately I don't see the conference going to the 52/300s and with them being supplied bats risk of them breaking is no concern to them as it is the everyday player who has to actually buy their equipment