Game cancelled due to rain

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator
Is that
250? Looks short...

Nope, 300' 320', 300'.

I've seen this happen before...if it is a locally ran league and the LD plays on a team in the league odds are he cancelled it bc all of his players were not able to make it...if it was a game that meant something, than no doubt this is what happened

Well, this IS a rivalry game and the last time we played them they only had 9. These games mean a little something, we're 8-10 in 4th, they're 4-14 in 6th. The top 2 teams are a combined 29-5. They're basically tourney teams playiung league so they pretty much roll over people. We did lose a game 3-2 to one of them last week though. :rolleyes::D

Prince Mop

The Veteran
IJS bro............:mad:

2011-08-01175735.jpg
Had the same thing happen to me many of times.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
Still has to beat Clement...

Boxes sucked on the big field. Sandboxes even on the left side...and we had first game.

Played last 1-1/2 innings in a downpour last night. Was still kinda warm and actually was pretty fun.

stork

Have to go drive 1/2 hr right now to play with a nice cell headed right for area. It's like playing chicken...just not as dangerous.

stork

Yeah. But my carpoolers are out so not even a shared ride or credit for 1.

stork

Just letting you know, just got done playing 7 innings in the rain. :p

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator
Surely you hit bp instead right?

No one else came to the field, by the time I got the text I was basically there. That and I was going in to do overtime after the game, so I got there on time instead of late. More $$, I guess that's the upside.

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator
Last Week cancelled:

2011-08-01175735.jpg

This Week we play:

2011-08-08180542.jpg

The LD showed up tonight and I gave him a little ribbing for cancelling on us. He made a valid point, he was at the field JUST after the rain and there was standing water, it was close to 5pm and had to make a decision to tell the umps and people whether to come or not. Figured as much.