Giants Add Hunter Pence

Marshenko

Softballfans adds Sports Section

"Great move, should keep things more organized and easy to find"

- Every ****ing body but the asshat that started this goddamned thread

mijowe

The Veteran
at least value add to this mess, break it down for us, otherwise you run the risk of "move it to the sports section" being the highlight.

Lucky34

Putting on the foil
Just tell the Dodgers pitchers to throw him a high fastball*. He will swing at it every time.

* when I say "high fastball", I mean something over his head. He will swing at it.

RalphG427

On the bench
Just tell the Dodgers pitchers to throw him a high fastball*. He will swing at it every time.

* when I say "high fastball", I mean something over his head. He will swing at it.

The guy swings at everything. Start a curve or slider low and outside and let it break 2 feet off the plate, he will still step towards left field and try and pull it

ninerempire25

Addicted to Softballfans
Pence for Shierholtz, Tommy Joseph and another minor league pitcher.

hate to see Joseph gone, better desipline at the plate than Hector Sanchez. But Sanchez is a switch hitter

rbarker26

Star Player
Pence for Shierholtz, Tommy Joseph and another minor league pitcher.

hate to see Joseph gone, better desipline at the plate than Hector Sanchez. But Sanchez is a switch hitter

posey is locked in at catcher for the next century, so I don't mind seeing joseph traded. plus giants still have some depth at that position

Lucky34

Putting on the foil
To be honest we shoulda traded hector sanchez. i like joseph and susac more than sanchez.

No, what you should have done was trade Hector Sanchez for Pence, Cliff Lee, and $$$.

MLB teams are always looking to just give away established players and cash for a player on the DL.:rolleyes:

kjlee85

No, what you should have done was trade Hector Sanchez for Pence, Cliff Lee, and $$$.

MLB teams are always looking to just give away established players and cash for a player on the DL.:rolleyes:

uhhh it was a salary dump mainly by the phils. and joseph isnt a highly rated prospect either (just outside mlb top 100). sanchez also isnt highly rated, but sanchez is actually producing in the major leagues and still young. sanchez is the better bet to have a sustained mlb career (high bust potential is pretty low). however, joseph is more intriguing because of his power and improved defense (his D is still not good), but he does have high bust potential. basically similar rankings among organization but would you prefer the high risk high reward or safer pick kinda question.

*i forgot sanchez was on the DL lol but ill leave my post up on the sanchez vs joseph comparisons