Girl team question.

Erdrikds

<font color="#8B1A1A">Who dominates?I dominate.</f
Hey guys my gf runs a team and I bet you guys have had an issue similar to this.

Ok these two girls join the team and we have our first practice. One girl said she has played before came to practice and was god awful like she hasn't played before. Her excuse "I haven't played in like 15 years" ok but her stance arm and everything was as good as a 7 year old at best. So after practice the next day she email's and says that her work schedule changed so she can't play. Kind of fishy. So we take the other girl who was a sub originally and who is way better and tell here that the roster spot is hers.

Now a week later the girl who said she quit says oh I talked to my boss and I can play now.

What would you guys do?

surf24

ADDICTED TO SOMETHING NEW
Tell her the starting spot is full now but that back ups are always welcome.

AveregeJay

Banned User
Hey guys my gf runs a team and I bet you guys have had an issue similar to this.

Ok these two girls join the team and we have our first practice. One girl said she has played before came to practice and was god awful like she hasn't played before. Her excuse "I haven't played in like 15 years" ok but her stance arm and everything was 7 year old at best. So after practice the next day she email's and says that her work schedule changed so she can't play. Kind of fishy. So we take the other girl who was a sub originally and who is way better and tell here that the roster spot is hers.

Now a week later the girl who said she quit says oh I talked to my boss and I can play now.

What would you guys do?

:confused:

dblej22

Addicted to Softballfans
Tell her since she told you she couldnt play you filled the empty roster position.

dr0p

w0cka fl0cka
Pictures of said girlfriend, new starter, and the girl who quit too more accurately assess the situation.

Erdrikds

Pictures of said girlfriend, new starter, and the girl who quit too more accurately assess the situation.

You guys are slacking I expected that on the first reply but 6. That is weak.

Neither of them are eye candy and the one who quit was most likely going to be RF and the new sub who I gave the spot to will most likely play SS. It's a no brainer to me but gf likes to be fair.

MichelleG

Addicted to Softballfans

^^^^^^^THIS

Sounds like she might have been embarrassed that she did so poorly in practice. With enough practice she MIGHT become a halfway decent player. Give her a chance to sub if needed, but if she flakes out again, I'd cut her loose.

DSNuts48

Badass

Ok these two girls join the team and we have our first practice. One girl said she has played before came to practice and was god awful like she hasn't played before. Her excuse "I haven't played in like 15 years" ok but her stance arm and everything was as good as a 7 year old at best. So after practice the next day she email's and says that her work schedule changed so she can't play. Kind of fishy. So we take the other girl who was a sub originally and who is way better and tell here that the roster spot is hers.

What would you guys do?

I'd shoot middle on the next teams pitcher. Don't bottle your frustration bro.

surf24

ADDICTED TO SOMETHING NEW
^^^^^^^THIS

Sounds like she might have been embarrassed that she did so poorly in practice. With enough practice she MIGHT become a halfway decent player. Give her a chance to sub if needed, but if she flakes out again, I'd cut her loose.

yep.....gotta be dependable

I had a gal send me a message wanting to play ball with our team.....I asked her how dependable she was. Got no answer to that.......and so neither did she.

pnpxtreme

Lights Out Sports

This^^^

let them both play, bat them both and rotate them in the field

No... the OG girl backed out.. why give her a second chance to do the same thing. The next thread the OP makes will be about how "Girl backed out.. we ended up letting her play.. and then she no showed us the first game."

Erdrikds

My opinion was to put og girl on sub list like it or not. I have dealt with girls that quit halfway through season that reminded me of her. It is in the works that my gf is telling her that she is going to be on the sub list cause when you say I quit she has to fill that position. Like I said I've been in this situation before so I told my gf not to take this crap again. She's just too nice sometimes(not to me) but she just needs to hear it sometimes.

Country35

Banned User
How would you handle this if it were a men's team (and they were men)?

you've been replaced, sorry bro dont be a women and change your mind all the time....girls you need more on the roster. if you have 12 on your team at least 3 will be bleeding during the game and not be worth ****