Girls started a new league tonight

eddieq

The Great and Powerful Q
I have two DDs, one 16, one 11 (12 next month). The 16 year old signed up to play 18U in a local league, but the 18U folded so they asked her if she would play in the 16U. She's age-eligible, so fine.

Tonight was the first game so she was all excited. 11 year old plays on another local league's 12U team and she had a game scheduled tonight as well. That one got rained out and we got the call about 20 minutes before the 16U coach was to pick up our older DD. Older DD's game was still on, as it was an away game in a location that didn't get rain. I called the 16U coach and told him that our younger DD's game is cancelled, so he doesn't need to pick up the older one because we can all come now. He asked, "How old is your younger daughter, we're short tonight." When I told him she was 11, but 12 in a month, he said, "bring her, I'll shirt her and put her out in the outfield. Can she bunt?" She hadn't really learned bunting yet, so my older DD took her to the garage and out on the lawn to show her quickly the technique. Sure enough, her first at bat, she lays down a beautiful bunt that just spun to a stop about a foot in front of the batter's box. It was a "sneaky bunt", too. Wasn't set, but came around at the last minute on it. She went 2 for 4 and scored two runs. Older DD went 2 for 5 with 3 RBIs and a run scored. A good night overall.

So, shameless long brag post :D