Glove cleaner and conditioner

ACE_N_thehole

Word to big bird
For a glove that is a little dirty and some mud on it. Was wanting to know the best way to clean and condition it so that the leather stay good and soft.

Mason4208

Lexol always to clean. Any good conditioner will suffice, strong oil is good; I prefer Wilson's pro stock conditioner. The Nokona one is good also. Make sure to wipe off all the excess conditioner with a dry towel. Don't want too much on there to make it heavy.

ACE_N_thehole

Word to big bird
Thanks for more feed back looking at getting lexol seems to be at a pretty good price as well from what I have looked at so far.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
I use Lexol Leather Cleaner (orange bottle), not to be confused with Lexol Leather Conditioner (brown bottle).

For conditioning, Lexol brown might darken light colored leathers and avoid anything with either mink oil or Neat's foot oil as they will make the glove heavy.

Nokona has a new conditioner I have not tried, but the standard Nokona NLT is just Vaseline, as is the Vinci conditioner. Vaseline makes a pretty good sealer to hold moisture in (some say it clogs the pores, but I don't think it causes any harm). A light coat at the end of the season before getting put away would be a good use. But if the leather is dried out (e.g. been sitting in the attic for 3 years) and needs to be "fed", then Wilson Pro Stock Conditioner, Mizuno Strong Oil, GloveStuff, Lexol brown, etc. are all good.

On a new glove, very little should be needed. I sometimes add a little to the hinge/pocket as I try to break a glove in, but after that I have found that less is more.

ACE_N_thehole

Word to big bird
Glove condition

dd4b6973.jpg

1831d0f2.jpg

6297e255.jpg

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
The Lexol cleaner will clean this right up. If you think it needs a bit of conditioner, the Lexol in the brown bottle will work really well as a conditioner (just don't use Lexol NF (beige bottle) as it contains Neat's Foot oil).