glove opinions/help

mihklo

starting to look more into gloves as of late. but have absolutely no idea what i am looking at/for. was at richards the other day and handled the mizuno pro soft and it felt nice. seems to have mixed reviews, or what others claim to be better for the money. as many glove hoes that are on this board, i am looking for an unbiased opinion on what is out there sub $200 (even if it includes sale prices, as i have seen some nice deals or what seem to be decent deals on some HOH and a2k on hrm or base ball savings. as a reference what i have now/use consist of

1. 12.75 liberty advanced trapeze - like the overall feel to it. broke in nicely and has what i feel to be decent padding. like the wrist/opening on it
2. 13" custom luguer - still breaking this in but feels nicely made, but does feel to be a tad big for my hand
3. 12.75 reebok vrp-6000 - nice soft feel to this glove, just got it recently and have enjoyed it so far. fits my hand very well.
4. 13" custom roddy - my least favorite of the 4 gloves i have, not that it is junk to me but the leather doesnt seem as nice as the other 3 gloves i have, but fits better on my hand than the luguer

marty15

Take a look at the mizuno global elite line specifically the gge7v great glove for your price range...... U cant go wrong with the hoh or a2k either

mihklo

I typically play outfield with the occasional pitching and catching thrown in. I know what I have will suffice but gettin that new bug to try something out since I'm happy with my bats. Lol

marty15

TJ1952-L is a perfect everywhere but SS,MI,2B glove. It's all you need.

the TJ is a 13.5 and a big 13.5 at that he would be looking at something in the 12.5-12.75 range for a utility glove if he goes with vinci maybe a 1961 would be a better choice

Mason4208

If you buy a glove in the gloves sales section here there are a ton of option under $200. Unfortunately finding a glove is like finding a bat you like. It's trial and error until you find the fit, feel, size that's perfect for you. Try one that has a lot of great reviews such as high end Wilson's, Mizunos and Rawlings and if they don't feel the way you want then try another.

niteshadow

Addicted to Softballfans
I dont think that 13.5 would be too big. If its just outfield and pitcher/catcher... not that the 1961 isnt a great glove it is. But I think he would do well with either.

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Yeah, if he's an OF w/ a sprinkle of P and C, he's going to want a glove predominantly made for the OF. If you like your Lib Trap, you may want to look at a PJV-04L (13") or 0416L (12.75"). It'll be nicer leather and an open back as you like it.

jd10

Came to make a bang
i'm another vinci advocate...I've had pro proffered and i like my vinci better. The profit margin must be less on Vinci's because they easily match up with the higher end Mizunos (which i'm a fan of, but we're talking in the $200 range).

mihklo

If you buy a glove in the gloves sales section here there are a ton of option under $200. Unfortunately finding a glove is like finding a bat you like. It's trial and error until you find the fit, feel, size that's perfect for you. Try one that has a lot of great reviews such as high end Wilson's, Mizunos and Rawlings and if they don't feel the way you want then try another.

Unfortunately it's harder to come by Lht gloves

iowa_kid

Manager
What pattern are u looking for? Are you wanting trap or mod trap of some sort or are u pretty open? I personally love the Wilson elo-b and 1799 for outfield and utility type(a little too big for my liking at ss/mi/2b which is where I'm at most the time)... But if your looking for a trap style for instead mizunos and Rawlings are the way to go.. A2k and a2000 are both real nice I wouldn't limit yourself to a2k.. I actually prefer a2000 or the a2k's

mattingly

Starting Player

Sound advice...

mihklo

See I had no idea that there was a diff in a2k and a2000. Lol
As weird as it might sound I haven't used my trap for outfield instead I like to use it to pitch. Maybe because I feel it gives me the most protection on my hand ( not necessarily the web but the construction of the glove)
Obviously im a newb to anything glove related.

Obviously im a newb to anything glove related.

We were all there once...with the exception of a select few who shall remain nameless. I've found that the majority of bats pretty much hit about the same. The hunt for a glove is a long and sometimes agonizing one, but its alot more fun that trying to find the "perfect" bat.

mihklo

We were all there once...with the exception of a select few who shall remain nameless. I've found that the majority of bats pretty much hit about the same. The hunt for a glove is a long and sometimes agonizing one, but its alot more fun that trying to find the "perfect" bat.

And that is why I'm looking more into the glove side. I have plenty of bats that all work. So I figure I can move 1 or 2 to add a new piece of leather. It's just trying to figure out what I would like to try. Lookin around there are so many nice ones out there. I don't really have a set price, obviously the cheaper the better but don't want to sacrifice quality.

shockfinder

Addicted to Softballfans
And that is why I'm looking more into the glove side. I have plenty of bats that all work. So I figure I can move 1 or 2 to add a new piece of leather. It's just trying to figure out what I would like to try. Lookin around there are so many nice ones out there. I don't really have a set price, obviously the cheaper the better but don't want to sacrifice quality.

Here's the deal...decide if you want to do the glove thing or not. We all start by saying we want a great glove and the cheaper the better. My first nice glove was $125. Now that's a cheaper glove. Don't start unless you're ready to pay the price...lol!:D

iowa_kid

Manager
Quality.. Materials/craftsmen ship/ overall better gloves... Same difference between $50 to $120.. Just not as drastic usually once you get into the real higher end stuff..

mr.augie

Head Ball Coach
the good news is that, if you don't mind losing some money, you can rip through 50 gloves in a relatively short period of time & figure out exactly what you do & do not want in a glove.. don't ask me how I know

shockfinder

Addicted to Softballfans
the good news is that, if you don't mind losing some money, you can rip through 50 gloves in a relatively short period of time & figure out exactly what you do & do not want in a glove.. don't ask me how I know

Are you making fun of me or speaking from personal experience?:cool:

Podo

"JewDoe"

Truth right here. I have found my keeper after a few dozen try's, give or take a couple dozen. Lol and yes I've lost some cash along the way, but worth every penny to get my gamers.

iowa_kid

Manager
I went through 13/14 gloves before I really fell in love with one(el3's and my custom especially) I figured out I love most the Wilson's, and don't really like the couple of Rawlings I've tried out compared to my Wilson's.. But I'm really itching to try a 1781, also really interested in trying me some mizunos.. I haven't tried many mizunos yet other than trying a few of the lesser quality miz that are on shelfs locally.. But would like to give one of them a try sometime.. But until I have some play money again I'm loving my custom a2000