Glove works

Jomatty

Starting Player
I'm interested as well. Thinking of getting one of these for my son, and maybe one for myself as well.

embesh

Addicted to Softballfans
Im going to wait. I was told they are going to update their online builder. I want to see a few more gloves before I consider.

ganew7686

Addicted to Softballfans
Any feedback on Gloveworks? Just wondering If anyone had any pics or reviews on the company. Website looks legit.

Camoninja

Addicted to Softballfans
I just got an email saying mine is being shipped. its a single post 13.5 wheat with an extra wide web.

Camoninja

Addicted to Softballfans
I tried the steerhide to compare the quality to what I already have. If they seem like they will hold up Ill order a kip one with more special requests.

Camoninja

Addicted to Softballfans
Mine was longer because I ordered 1 day right before the Chinese New Year.... which is a week long.

IDP

Part Time Player
any updates on these? i'd like to see some more pics and hear some reviews of their quality before pulling the trigger, plus i'm having trouble getting in touch with them through their website.

Camoninja

Addicted to Softballfans
I got mine in and it is pretty good quality. I'll snap some pictures at lunch if I have time.

jesseb

E Ball Hero
i got mine in yesterday. its not as good of quality as i had expected but still seems pretty nice. its stiff and its light compared to my a2000. the light orange color looks great. i got a 12 inch i web. it appears as it will play a little bigger than that. i got the mid range leather for $160. if not for the custom aspect, id rather spend my $180 (20 for shipping) on a nice a2000.

David the Gnome

The Veteran
i got mine in yesterday. its not as good of quality as i had expected but still seems pretty nice. its stiff and its light compared to my a2000. the light orange color looks great. i got a 12 inch i web. it appears as it will play a little bigger than that. i got the mid range leather for $160. if not for the custom aspect, id rather spend my $180 (20 for shipping) on a nice a2000.

That's pretty much how I feel about mine. For a custom, it's awesome for the price. If I didn't care about the custom aspect I'd rather have the A2000. In terms of sub-$300 customs though, this seems to be the best one for the money.

jesseb

E Ball Hero
i agree 100% i was able to get an orange tan 12 inch i web which is what led me to get this in the first place. The quality of this is far better than any mexican custom ive seen though. id say im content with my purchase. not ecstatic, not disappointed but content.

jesseb

E Ball Hero
and for those wondering, my turnaround time was spot on at 3 weeks. ordered march 17th and delivered april 8th

Mine should be here Monday, I can throw up pictures next to my crappy M2 then. If it's anything like it looks in the picture there is no reason to get a Mexican custom

jesseb

E Ball Hero
Pretty stiff?

Its decently stiff. It makes noise as i squeeze it closed though and that annoys me. The leather feels kinda cheap. Maybe im just used to my a2000s but this glove just isnt close in quality. Not a bad glove by any means. But it doesnt stand up to the top tier glove makers. As can be expected for the price and turnaround for a custom

Got mine today, agree with everyone you can't beat the custom for the price. Orange and black look great, only one place I can find where the stitching is a little off. Head and shoulders better then the white glove. Laces aren't great but not bad either. The leather is pretty thin, which in turn the glove is pretty light like everyone has said. Mine is 12" and it's pretty much spot on, I ordered the "baseball" cut. I'm coaching a little league team and well that was all the excuse I need for another....well a few more gloves!

Last edited:

David the Gnome

The Veteran
Looks great with the black welting and h-web! I'm really wishing I had done black welting on mine just to break up all the orange.

jesseb

E Ball Hero
I kinda wish i had gone with a black web. That looks sharp. I like the black on the wrist too.