Gloves similar to PP Bryant

huntaholic21

Addicted to Softballfans
Wasnt the GGC Bryant the one that started all the Bryant glove hype?... There for sure was a GGC Bryant - but maybe thats what you were thinking of? It seems the way you phrase it as if its a standard line maybe theres a disconnect here. are we all referring to GGC as the series that gets 2 new gloves every month with no specs on series/line

Also, I don't pay attn to the JD patterns, but saw BBM had a 12 inch version. Thats not a common size for that pattern is it?

Honestly I'm not sure what rggc means. I thought it was basically Rawlings version of wilsons gotm. But then how do you explain this?
http://forums.softballfans.com/threads/current-september-rggc-builds.1439791/

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
Honestly I'm not sure what rggc means. I thought it was basically Rawlings version of wilsons gotm. But then how do you explain this?
http://forums.softballfans.com/threads/current-september-rggc-builds.1439791/

Rawlings gave Chad the opportunity to build some exclusive customs and he's calling them ggc's lol. Just like last years tan dct and rich tan 504. Here they were called ggc's but no other dealer had access to them or knew they even existed. They were sbf exclusives.

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
Rawlings gave Chad the opportunity to build some exclusive customs and he's calling them ggc's lol. Just like last years tan dct and rich tan 504. Here they were called ggc's but no other dealer had access to them or knew they even existed. They were sbf exclusives.
The September RGGC's from last year and this year were dealer designs. Each dealer carried their own. So there are a bunch of different September RGGC's out there.

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans

NYC

Swag on 100.
have you tried the markakis model PRO435-JB . its a 12.5" that plays a tad small in my opinion. So it may be a solid option for an in between of the pro200-6k and the sp125

I was looking for this glove for a while but couldn't find a new one.

beeblebobble

Starting Player
The Bryant RGGC "Rawlings Gold Glove Club" was the inaugural entry in the RGGC line in November of '15 along with a camel HoH Cather's Mitt that I don't recall if it was a player model or not. Obviously it did quite well and spawned the retail model. RGGC version had a finger pad along with full pittards lining on the finger backs. I use to poo poo Rawlings Pro Preferred as my experience was with an early model. After getting one of these I was blown away with the build quality and it spawned my then fiance to buy me a pp custom as a gift and its now my gamer.

I'm sure Rawlings had their best glove craftsman on these as they were incredibly well built and I'm sure the quality control was top notch. I get why people want it over the retail version. Definitely one of the stiffest gloves I've ever pulled out of a box new, sans old dry horween.

pkc31887

Addicted to Softballfans
If you really are interested, I have one I would move. I didn't make that post trying to sell it but I do have one

huntaholic21

Addicted to Softballfans
The Bryant RGGC "Rawlings Gold Glove Club" was the inaugural entry in the RGGC line in November of '15 along with a camel HoH Cather's Mitt that I don't recall if it was a player model or not. Obviously it did quite well and spawned the retail model. RGGC version had a finger pad along with full pittards lining on the finger backs. I use to poo poo Rawlings Pro Preferred as my experience was with an early model. After getting one of these I was blown away with the build quality and it spawned my then fiance to buy me a pp custom as a gift and its now my gamer.

I'm sure Rawlings had their best glove craftsman on these as they were incredibly well built and I'm sure the quality control was top notch. I get why people want it over the retail version. Definitely one of the stiffest gloves I've ever pulled out of a box new, sans old dry horween.

Thread jack... let's see your gamer! Does it have pittards finger lining or black squishy?

beeblebobble

Starting Player
Thread jack... let's see your gamer! Does it have pittards finger lining or black squishy?
This was made in March of '16 and has the pittards finger lining. This was before the font change and padded finger loops. I've ordered 2 PP customs since and both came with black squishy.
gamer.JPG

beeblebobble

Starting Player
Dead sexy! Frustrating that they changed that. Totally changes the feel of the glove. What color embroidery? Pros200-1?
Thanks! Yeah when the next one came with the padded thumb loop and the black squishy I wasn't digging it, ended up selling it. I have a second one like this except with split grey that I'm wanting to C-MOD. Scarlett. Yep 200-1 @ 11.75"

NYC

Swag on 100.
Oh so NOW people care about the finger stalls...
:cool:
The black squishy makes for a looser fit
My prott2 surprisingly has the brown finger lining just like the palm liner and it's noticeably more snug.

beeblebobble

Starting Player
Oh so NOW people care about the finger stalls...
:cool:
The black squishy makes for a looser fit
My prott2 surprisingly has the brown finger lining just like the palm liner and it's noticeably more snug.
Weird I find the exact opposite to be true. I find the black squishy makes things a snugger fit. I like the room the pittards lining provides.

And people have always cared about linings, and it seems you're more concerned about the physical dimensions.

NYC

Swag on 100.
Weird I find the exact opposite to be true. I find the black squishy makes things a snugger fit. I like the room the pittards lining provides.

And people have always cared about linings, and it seems you're more concerned about the physical dimensions.

Hmm I disagree, a friend has the PP trap bruciato from a few years back and it has pittards throughout, it has a real snug fit. I guess the materials used decides how it fits. The gloves with horween linings have stiffer leather and that may be why they fit me the best. There are many people on here that think the black squishy is inferior garbage. I think the sbf 206 and 207 have the brown leather throughout the lining.

huntaholic21

Addicted to Softballfans

I agree the black stuff is definitely more snug and it's not close.

huntaholic21

Addicted to Softballfans
Would U get the bryant or a custom 207 HOH?

Og Bryant > custom > retail Bryant. Having said that, I like my sbf horween 207 better than my og Bryant. The Bryant was way stiffer that the ht 207 tho.

Last edited:

huntaholic21

Addicted to Softballfans
No

Well I wear a large batting glove, but I prefer a snug fit because it improves my performance. Must be working I won best 2B last year for my baseball league and only had 2 errors this year in 25 games.

You prefer a single hinge break right? I picked up a sept ggc rich tan 504 last year and it had the black stuff but it was very snug. Glove totally felt like an extension of my hand. I think you would like it, and if not it would be a good one to check off your list of gloves to try.

NYC

Swag on 100.
You prefer a single hinge break right? I picked up a sept ggc rich tan 504 last year and it had the black stuff but it was very snug. Glove totally felt like an extension of my hand. I think you would like it, and if not it would be a good one to check off your list of gloves to try.

It's mostly a single hinge break but lately I've been sort of "rolling" the heel so theres breakage dead in the middle of the heel as well. You remember the white lining from the old MIUSA gloves? That was butter

DatDuke

It's mostly a single hinge break but lately I've been sort of "rolling" the heel so theres breakage dead in the middle of the heel as well. You remember the white lining from the old MIUSA gloves? That was butter
NYC.. can you remind me why you don't like the dp15? Is the finger slot too short for your hand?