GMP Question (yes I searched first).

Dick360

Manager
So I get that the GMP is the top of the line series, but what are the differences beyond that? Is there anything more than size/style that is determined by the model number? Like the GMP7 vs. GMP7c vs. GMP70 or whatever. I know with Vinci there are the different types of leather, and with Rawlings there seems to be a difference between gloves made in the USA and those made elsewhere? Are there any such considerations with the GMP line (Deguchi and whatnot)? Thank you in advance for helping me blow a few hundred dollars on a glove I absolutely do not need.

bradblah

Weeeeee
So I get that the GMP is the top of the line series, but what are the differences beyond that? Is there anything more than size/style that is determined by the model number? Like the GMP7 vs. GMP7c vs. GMP70 or whatever. I know with Vinci there are the different types of leather, and with Rawlings there seems to be a difference between gloves made in the USA and those made elsewhere? Are there any such considerations with the GMP line (Deguchi and whatnot)? Thank you in advance for helping me blow a few hundred dollars on a glove I absolutely do not need.

I'll give it a shot with my limited knowledge...
the GMP7 has deguchi inside & out - the new GMP7c's are identical to them (but custom obviously), however they have a deer skin lining.

the GMP70 is just like the custom 7's - but I think I've heard the 7's have a little bit of a deeper pocket and play a little bit bigger.

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
I'll give it a shot with my limited knowledge...
the GMP7 has deguchi inside & out - the new GMP7c's are identical to them (but custom obviously), however they have a deer skin lining.

the GMP70 is just like the custom 7's - but I think I've heard the 7's have a little bit of a deeper pocket and play a little bit bigger.

Very well put.
F

Dick360

Manager
Thanks, that helps a lot. So the only real difference between these super rare GMP7's that everyone seems to be willing to sell a kidney for, and a GMP7c that I could order right now, is the inside lining? Does it make that big of a difference?

mattingly

Starting Player
According to our Mizuno rep, the GMP70 and the GMP7C is cut from the exact same pattern and made in the same factory in China, so they will play the same. The only differences might come from the different batches of leather that were used to make the glove.
The only version that will play larger and deeper, are the ones that come out of the Japanese Pro/Custom shop... approx. 13", with a corresponding larger pocket.

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the deer skin lining. It's like buttah.

Its a different feel. But like Frisco Said....BUTTAH!

I have a Deguchi and a newer Deerskin, and an old Derskin and they are all REALLY nice. Can't go wrong with any of them

F