Goff Thread

Joker

we were sitting up on the patio Sunday checking scores and drinking beers. guy dropped 2 trashcans full of range balls off the back of his cart in front of all of us. he got a standing ovation

Country469

due to perfect weather, round was gonna be long and packed.

Some dufus single asks us to play thru when we are 2nd in line to tee off on #4 par 3. We said no, he was dejected.

Stretch19

Grow up
i would have let him play up with me on the par 3 and then let him go ahead and on the next...but thats just me, im courteous

Country469

Yeah if it was friday afternoon maybe, but when there are 5 4 somes stacked in front on you, playing as a single was a dumbass move. Both on the course's part for letting it happen and on him for trying to play as a single at noon on a sunday.

Country469

IDK if its a local issue or all over, but courses don't consolidate groups like that ever anymore around here. And I've seen about 1 marshal in the last 3 years out there keeping the pace of play going. Lol at the course for posting signs in the cart saying keep it under 4 but doing nothing to help that pace. Oh and the sign that says tee it forward but suggests everyone who hits it over 240 hit from the back tees, wtf guys get your **** together.

nam2212

Dr. Nick
We didn't see a single other group until the 13th hole on Saturday. It was 85 and perfect. This club is where Austin Cook plays out of. No wonder he is so good. It was super narrow and the greens were crazy difficult. My buddy talked to him on the range about a dozen times before he had any idea who he was. Thought he was the assistant pro. HA!

Joker

ASwPGlCh.jpg

hedge

life takes guts
Anyone have any tips for hitting 3w off the fairway? Been struggling getting the ball off the ground

Country469

reason I took 3w out the bag for 2H was that I could only hit off the tee, same issue. I was way too steep with my woods swings. Suggestion to me was to work on sweeping swing by hitting tees with no balls off ground. Hitting them out, but not touching the ground if that makes sense.

Last edited:

Sis

Family golf tourney didn't get to finish. Clouds rolled in, got crazy dark, rain and such...everyone off the course. Much drinks were had though...and softball was still played the rest of the weekend. Calling it all a win.

tnbowhunter

Addicted to Softballfans
My putter’s ****ed.

Don’t ever soft toss a golf ball out of anger. If you by some chance hit the ball it might not end well.