Goff Thread

Country469

Opposite here. Long as I get off before the HS golf team at like 440ish there hasnt been a soul out for us since school started

Country469

The kid being in middle school now, he gets home like a full hour later than before. So I don't ever have to worry about being home after school, ma dukes takes care of that. Will be a golf boom until hunting season and the stupid ass time change.

huzzdog

retired
i probably have till mid october.. the tourists are gone.. the snow birds are leaving... sucks i got bamboozled in to coaching football. i still will get tons of golf in and the rounds will be half as long.

Country469

I could easily play every month of the year here but I get kind of puss-ish now being gone from Chitown for 8 years

huzzdog

retired
not here either.. if you play in december it's an abhorration. january, february never.. march.. maybe 1 time in the last 5 years

huzzdog

retired
does the ground even unthaw up there in those months? you'd ruin the course
depends on the year.... 4 years ago it was 70 on christmas day.. and a couple 90 degree days in march.. this year the snow came early so the the frost wasn't as deep. snow makes great insulation.. consequently, many local courses lost several greens

Country469

Yeah i understand that part of it from farming in the midwest.

Used to have to wait like a week or two to playu once the snow was gone for unthaw

devo12

Addicted to Softballfans
Man played 18 today. I’m tired and awful. Need whole lot of practice. It’s so dumb not playing for a month takes you 10 steps back.

N LA Hacker

Illuminati
It's going to be 102 here tomorrow. The only acceptable activities if you are outside is sitting as still as possible in front of a fan.

Joker

It's going to be 102 here tomorrow. The only acceptable activities if you are outside is sitting as still as possible in front of a fan.

I picture everyone sitting on their porches with a mint julep glass in their hand and fanning themselves with their hat in the other hand