Goff Thread

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
country i have a x stiff ping shaft or two laying around. they're back from the i25 days i think? not sure if those work in a g400

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
i had a driver session the other day with my epic flash sz. 25 shots, averaged 176 ball speed and got over 180 5-6 times. with my cobra f9 i only got over 170 a handful of times and now i'm averaging well over. this driver is nuts

nam2212

Dr. Nick
more than likely Ill just use the current shaft but Im buying like 3 and telling the wife it was 1
HA! Before I got fit for my driver shaft I think I had half a dozen in the closet that all cost $350+ new. I bought them all used but I had quite the collection.

chile

Bad Ape
been playing the UST Gun Metal F4 (first shaft i spent $200 on)...but put my hzrdus smoke black back in. think i may go back to the smoke for a while...probably try and move the Gun Metal

nam2212

Dr. Nick
I tinkered so much before getting fit that I had a couple of clubs a week being delivered to the office and a couple I was shipping out. The mail room staff knew me well.

chile

Bad Ape
i've only had a legit fitting for irons...my driver fittings (or whatever they were) sucked. got nothing out of them

huzzdog

retired
i got fitted for my current set.. but much like the dr., i just said okay.. .whatever you say. i don't pretend to understand any of it..; nor do i care to

nam2212

Dr. Nick
i got fitted for my current set.. but much like the dr., i just said okay.. .whatever you say. i don't pretend to understand any of it..; nor do i care to
I had the Trackman print outs and all that. I knew as much about the shafts as my fitter.

nam2212

Dr. Nick
And I finally broke down and paid for the upgraded version of The Grint. What besides the full handicap do you guys use?

Country469

And I finally broke down and paid for the upgraded version of The Grint. What besides the full handicap do you guys use?

my normal 4 some has a tour thing on there that we have running for the year

done a ryder cup on there

it makes betting great too

I use the yardage almost exclusively too

Country469

I have a center shaft rossa blade putter I took in a trade that is free to a good home if you pay shipping, pics can be provided

jobondur

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a center shaft rossa blade putter I took in a trade that is free to a good home if you pay shipping, pics can be provided

Same deal here - I have a Cleveland CG16 52 degree wedge and a Maltby 60 degree. Both extended 1" above standard. Let me know if you want em.

jobondur

Addicted to Softballfans
All my wedges and irons are extended 1". My hybrids and woods are all standard length. Should they be extended as well? Hittin em decent but what do you boys do?

jobondur

Addicted to Softballfans
About the only time i choke up is when i'm inside 50 yds. everything else i'm damn near hanging my palm off the grip

nam2212

Dr. Nick
I chopped 1.5 inches off the driver. No idea if it had any impact but the fitter suggested it. Is your longest iron still shorter than your shortest hybrid? Do you have a gapping problem?

Country469

I've heard the following-

longer for length (but wow when you dont find the face)
shorter for control

are you over 6'2?

jobondur

Addicted to Softballfans
I believe longest iron is shorter than longest hybrid but would have to check
no significant gapping problem but i just got a new driver and 3H from CPO yesterday and haven't hit em yet, so that may change
I'm 6'4"

jobondur

Addicted to Softballfans
my biggest issue right now is i don't have as much lag as i need and i'm a little wristy. causes me to balloon shots and i lose a lot of distance. also causes me to chunk em a bit from time to time

hedge

life takes guts
my biggest issue right now is i don't have as much lag as i need and i'm a little wristy. causes me to balloon shots and i lose a lot of distance. also causes me to chunk em a bit from time to time

i have the same issue. I am a classic example of an early extender

nam2212

Dr. Nick
I also forgot to mention that when I played the other day I started out as a single and ended up joining up with 4 other singles throughout the round. It was fun. Played with some dude named TJ that flat out murdered the ball. I am typically the longest in any group I play in. This dude hit it 30 yards past me every single hole. He was hitting one of the new Titleist drivers with some fancy shaft. He was in jeans and tennis shoes too. Ball started off really low and climbed out of sight when he hit it.