Going opposite field

RightSideHitter

Addicted to Softballfans
I find it a lot easier to go oppo with a balanced bat rather than an endloaded one. Also try to have your hands slightly ahead of the barrel at contact with the ball.

This is the best advice in this thread. Whether the pitch is outside or you wait, the best way to go opposite field is to make sure your hands are out in front of the barrell. In reality, this is how you should always swing. But when going to the opposite field, it's even more exaggerated. It's something you need to practice, but when you can do it, you can hit an inside pitch to right. It always frustrates pitchers when they pitch you inside to pull the ball, and you can still hit a line drive to right.

puckdropper

Addicted to Softballfans
The best thing you can do is to learn to hit where the pitch is . When you go to the right side you can do one of 2 things. Swing a little late with your hands ahead, or square up with the second baseman and keep your back shoulder up. I try and remember to keep my hands and arms "above the ball " Pulling the ball is only a matter of opening up your hips early and stepping towards the 3 rd baseman.

second2noone

First thread for me so hopefully this is in the right place. I've been playing E ball for about 4 years now and would like to finally be able to go oppo to be a better hitter. I usually hit middle, not on purpose:eek:, rarely pull the ball:eek:. I'm a righty and have minimal power so singles are my life:(. Any help would be awesome.

Stand closed stance, wait a little longer and throw your hands to opposite direction you want to go. Practice u shud be able to do this.

Jhall24

Addicted to Softballfans
To all of you that are saying learn to walk the box. You win the worste advice possible award. Congrats.

KDEflyers

Addicted to Softballfans
AST1.jpg

Hands out front, barrel lagging behind, oppo shot, best pic I could find

down and dirty

Addicted to Softballfans
To all of you that are saying learn to walk the box. You win the worste advice possible award. Congrats.

like I said you are god if I have any Q's I'm just going to PM you because obviously know one else knows anything.

Like there isn't more than your way to do things.

when I walk the box it helps me keep my front sholder closed longer and there it goes down the line but I'm sure you have better advice.

which I noticed you gave none of

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
AST1.jpg

Hands out front, barrel lagging behind, oppo shot, best pic I could find

I'm just going to say.........If you think about hitting the inside/middle part of the ball, this will happen on it's own....You don't even have to think about it.

Krisplocher

Addicted to Softballfans
First thread for me so hopefully this is in the right place. I've been playing E ball for about 4 years now and would like to finally be able to go oppo to be a better hitter. I usually hit middle, not on purpose:eek:, rarely pull the ball:eek:. I'm a righty and have minimal power so singles are my life:(. Any help would be awesome.

wait a little while longer and step towards first with your swing and drive the ball that way it would help if you just watch what ppl do on youtube to go the other way i wanted to learn last year and caught on really fast its not that hard just practice and you will get it

tl00155

Manager
try closing your stance a bit...very easy to go oppo that way and also easy to step out and pull an inside pitch.