Gold fire flex 14'?

matty12

Coach
I recently come across a post that claimed the green and gold balanced fire flex is a 14' barrel and the pink(Canadian) balanced fire flex is a 13 or 13.5 inch barrel, no proof of any kind given. So can anyone confirm this with a picture of them next to each other? Seems like it would not be the case but with Easton going to the combat sales model(lots of bats with different specs with much smaller amount being produced of each spec) it is possible I guess.

chad783

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes...that is true that the balanced Gold and Black FF is 14 inch model but only comes in 27oz and 28oz. The reason they didn't make a 26 oz is because of the exit speed on that 14 inch barrel made it illegal.

The Canadian balanced FF is pink and yellow and comes in 26, 27, and 28oz.

BRAINTRAIN

Addicted to Softballfans
Fire flex golds aren't out in canada yet. So can't compare for you. Its also a SMU for a Canadian company. But the fireflex balanced is the same barrel length as the endload, 13.5. The balanced are hard to find in anything other then 28 oz tho.

BRAINTRAIN

Addicted to Softballfans
I was wrong. They did get a few in this week. They also do have 26oz 27oz and 28oz.

Tried to upload a picture. But it told me the file was to large. So... that's the extent of my computer knowledge

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes...that is true that the balanced Gold and Black FF is 14 inch model but only comes in 27oz and 28oz. The reason they didn't make a 26 oz is because of the exit speed on that 14 inch barrel made it illegal.

The Canadian balanced FF is pink and yellow and comes in 26, 27, and 28oz.

This is just wrong...it passes in all weights. Only reason it wasn’t released in a 26 is because Easton is doing the stupid MOI thing for weighting. Between the longer barrel and it being balanced it took the MOI so low that the company that did the SMU chose not to order any in that weight on the first run. The 27 will swing like a conventional 26 balanced bat and is marketed that way when u call them and talk to them. They even told me that they may end up adding a 26 if the 27 and 28 don’t sell the way they want because they have to fulfill a min order. They still have more to be purchased from Easton to fill the min SMU order so they held out on the make up of some. The Octane is about to be released and guess what... it’s a 14” barrel and it is gonna be produced all the way down to a 25 oz.

Last edited:

chad783

Addicted to Softballfans
This is just wrong...it passes in all weights. Only reason it wasn’t released in a 26 is because Easton is doing the stupid MOI thing for weighting. Between the longer barrel and it being balanced it took the MOI so low that the company that did the SMU chose not to order any in that weight on the first run. The 27 will swing like a conventional 26 balanced bat and is marketed that way when u call them and talk to them. They even told me that they may end up adding a 26 if the 27 and 28 don’t sell the way they want because they have to fulfill a min order. They still have more to be purchased from Easton to fill the min SMU order so they held out on the make up of some. The Octane is about to be released and guess what... it’s a 14” barrel and it is gonna be produced all the way down to a 25 oz.

I saw that the Octane was going to be release as a 14 inch balanced bat and the weight will be down to 25 oz. So when I asked the folks at Easton why the gold & black FF wasn't released in a 26oz, they stated it did not pass due to the exit speed at that size of barrel. So there response struck me a bit odd. I will have to take a look at the 27oz one. Thanks for passing along the RIGHT info! Ha!

My 27oz is a blast to swing!!
I’m not digging mine so far.. how many cuts on it??
My swing has felt like doo doo because of my F-ed up elbow recently. Picked up my loaded fire flex that felt broken in and raked in bp today.. Was really weird for me after pretty much exclusively swinging balanced bats.. I was about to unload it but I may keep it for now. All that being said I can’t find a bat like my crazy 1000,s of hits st100 that I broke a month ago. That’s mostly due to perfect weighting.

smoke28

Addicted to Softballfans
I just picked one of these up and noticed it had an older endcap compared to the 2018 models. What's up with that?