Gold & Plat lables

SBfanz42

I've seen a lot of posts on instagram about fake vs non-fake gold and platinum labels. But I've not been able to find someone explain how exactly you can tell the difference. I'm looking to purchase some off eBay and don't want to get ripped off with fakes.

Can anyone shed some light?

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
IMO, it's a silly debate. If the quality of the patch is satisfactory and the restitching is of good quality and work, it's the same in my book. I've seen the real patches done with crappy stitch jobs and I've seen fake patches with outstanding work. I'd rather have the latter.

My reasoning is this: none of these people earned the award (so the swap in itself is fake). So if a "fake" patch was crafted well and within the same quality as the "authentic" patches, then I see no issue (the quality of the swap work has much much more value in my eyes). Anyone that argues with that either has a complex that they feel the need of the exclusivity or they never handled a SLCS with original Bob patches (or both).

Aftermarket is still aftermarket.

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm looking to purchase some off eBay and don't want to get ripped off with fakes.
That is the conundrum. Paying an exorbitant amount for patches (fake or real) is THE ripoff. I'm not saying don't buy patches and don't swap, but rather don't overpay for any patches (my max cap that I would ever buy patches is the same regardless if they are fake or real). If you're lucky, the GTG guys on here that have access to patches contacts you with a decent price.

SBfanz42

IMO, it's a silly debate. If the quality of the patch is satisfactory and the restitching is of good quality and work, it's the same in my book. I've seen the real patches done with crappy stitch jobs and I've seen fake patches with outstanding work. I'd rather have the latter.

My reasoning is this: none of these people earned the award (so the swap in itself is fake). So if a "fake" patch was crafted well and within the same quality as the "authentic" patches, then I see no issue (the quality of the swap work has much much more value in my eyes). Anyone that argues with that either has a complex that they feel the need of the exclusivity or they never handled a SLCS with original Bob patches (or both).

Aftermarket is still aftermarket.

Makes total sense. Thanks.