Gold tan

huntaholic21

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone have a gold tan Rawlings? Thinking about ordering another custom and don't see too many on google image search. Would like to see what someone's gamer looks like... I've seen some gt Rawlings at richards, and they were pretty soft, but I've also seen jap tan that was soft also. I believe they use better leather for their customs vs their retail offerings. Ps looks like the pro 1000 will no longer be available when they switch over to the new custom form.

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
Was told by Rawlings CS that butterscotch is a drier version of gold tan. Supposedly, butterscotch is the stiffest tan that they currently offer. No idea if there is any truth to this yet.

huntaholic21

Addicted to Softballfans
Was told by Rawlings CS that butterscotch is a drier version of gold tan. Supposedly, butterscotch is the stiffest tan that they currently offer. No idea if there is any truth to this yet.

Did you just order that butterscotch 504 chad posted on ig?

DatDuke

Thats almost Mustard Yellow.. I love to get a DCT one day. But my only son plays 1st is a Left Foot. (The only Left Foot in the Family).

troy111

I actually received my custom HOH gold tan (all gold tan) today and it's absolutely gorgeous. I have two PP already, but ordered this HOH since I couldn't get gold tan in PP model and it's my favorite color - other gloves are camel and black.

huntaholic21

Addicted to Softballfans
I actually received my custom HOH gold tan (all gold tan) today and it's absolutely gorgeous. I have two PP already, but ordered this HOH since I couldn't get gold tan in PP model and it's my favorite color - other gloves are camel and black.

How does the stiffness compare to your camel pp when it was new?

Hrking4675

The Veteran
I've always said that the leather is only part of the battle with regard to stiffness. If the padding and felt is also stiff it will make for the stiffest glove possible. The 3 tan horweens there (1 being oiled) were also ordered stiff and feel only slightly stiffer than the GT. I will say the GT leather is a bit more "smooth" like the rich tan PP in that pic too. I would describe the horweens are "hard" The firmest of the group is the Oiled Horween surprisingly.

huntaholic21

Addicted to Softballfans
I've always said that the leather is only part of the battle with regard to stiffness. If the padding and felt is also stiff it will make for the stiffest glove possible. The 3 tan horweens there (1 being oiled) were also ordered stiff and feel only slightly stiffer than the GT. I will say the GT leather is a bit more "smooth" like the rich tan PP in that pic too. I would describe the horweens are "hard" The firmest of the group is the Oiled Horween surprisingly.

Sounds great! Thank you

troy111

How does the stiffness compare to your camel pp when it was new?

I'll be perfectly honest, I bought the camel PP about 10 years ago but I remember breaking it into game shape in less than a week and I didn't know any of the break-in tricks I've learned today. The HOH gold tan feels like it's going to take a couple of weeks - did some infield bp with it and my new black PP is almost ready (bought it last Thursday), but the HOH feels like it's going to need a lot of work. Aesthetically though, my gold tan is by far my favorite glove.

fuzzai

Starting Player
I'll be perfectly honest, I bought the camel PP about 10 years ago but I remember breaking it into game shape in less than a week and I didn't know any of the break-in tricks I've learned today. The HOH gold tan feels like it's going to take a couple of weeks

I would also agree with this...For the week i had my GT DCT before it was sent back, it had taken me the week to start closing it and forming a pocket. (not fully formed)..my Camel PP Bryant was broken in fairly quick, was super stiff at the beginning, but it seemed to have broken in quickly.

troy111

I'm sold, Chads not on vacation yet is he?

This is what I got when I emailed him Saturday:

I will be out of office for the upcoming week. I will periodically check messages but may not reply until next week. If this is important please contact Jake or Tom at the store.

269-327-2110

Thanks

Chad

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans