Gone Forever, Apex Bullets??

robpezon

Batting cage hero
Just saw this from a post from our director. Almost bought a dozen a couple weeks ago. Glad I didn't!

lawhead18

Addicted to Softballfans
here in Indiana we can still use 44/400s in our BWW series tourneys, but any kind of NIT, state or national play we must use 52/275

mattroush22

Addicted to Softballfans
44/400 are still legal in all NON POST-SEASON PLAY. Directors telling you you have to use the 52 ball are making their own rules, and personally I would argue against that director...

robpezon

Batting cage hero
This is what our director posted about Apex:

"Apex was caught making softballs that DO NOT conform to Rule 3 or to the Ball Contract.

We caught them making balls that test over the limit making the balls illegal for NSA play ."

chinny12

Gettin' Zapped!
This is what our director posted about Apex:

"Apex was caught making softballs that DO NOT conform to Rule 3 or to the Ball Contract.

We caught them making balls that test over the limit making the balls illegal for NSA play ."

Honestly, this does not surprise me. We have been hitting these all season and they are silly.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Glad someone else finally tested their crap. I knew but felt it was not up to me to police the business, I have Evil to worry about.

mkimmer

COMbatant
Here in NC, we can still hit the 44/400 balls until July 10th. This is the facebook message that Carolina NSA posted:
AS OF JULY 10, 2014, ONLY THE NSA APPROVED 52/275 Softball WILL BE ALLOWED FOR TOURNAMENT PLAY IN NORTH CAROLINA. TEAMS WILL NO LONGER BE ABLE ALLOWED TO HIT THE NSA 44/400 SOFTBALL in NSA TOURNAMENT PLAY AFTER THIS DATE. ALL CHAMPIONSHIP Y STATE REQUIRES THE 52/275 SOFTBALL and WE WANT OUR TEAMS READY FOR CHAMPIONSHIP PLAY.

BTOWNBALLER

Bat whoo-ore
They are only gonna be banned for a few weeks due to a paerwork issue on there composite covers this came from apex

That's not the story the zone director is telling. His story is failing compression and a complete redesign of the ball to become legal again.

Qoheleth52

Addicted to Softballfans
According to a reliable source, it was a "waiting for a check" thing not a "failed testing" thing. Our local sanction is still allowing them, carry on.

jsam21238

Addicted to Softballfans
According to a reliable source, it was a "waiting for a check" thing not a "failed testing" thing. Our local sanction is still allowing them, carry on.

Which opens the director up to a lawsuit for allowing NSA non-sanctioned equipment to be allowed in NSA tournaments. It isn't a paperwork issue. I've never seen anything pulled mid-season due to "paperwork".

storminyoung

Addicted to Softballfans
APEX keeps telling people its still a paper work issue. Strange, considering they posted all their NSA 52/275's for sell at half price and labeled them as "BP" balls. If they were going to get everything cleared up with NSA, why in the world would they sell off their current stock at $50 per 2 doz.? We talked to our Central Indiana NSA director, he told us they will not be re-approving anything from APEX this year.

nutmegs

IDGAFOS
APEX keeps telling people its still a paper work issue. Strange, considering they posted all their NSA 52/275's for sell at half price and labeled them as "BP" balls. If they were going to get everything cleared up with NSA, why in the world would they sell off their current stock at $50 per 2 doz.? We talked to our Central Indiana NSA director, he told us they will not be re-approving anything from APEX this year.
Yeah. If you ever hit them you realized there had to be something different about them. If Evil couldn't out hit them then they had to be illegal. Evil's have the best technology

doublebagel

Manager

Exactly, thats cause they have to save face. If it was a paperwork issue you would think the owner would jump on it before anyone even caught wind and it would have been taken care of. You think NSA just bans it without telling them? Highly unlikely.

storminyoung

Addicted to Softballfans
They just shut down the comments and posts to their page on their FB page. Cant even give them a review now either.

GrinningBear

World's deadliest house husband
Which opens the director up to a lawsuit for allowing NSA non-sanctioned equipment to be allowed in NSA tournaments. It isn't a paperwork issue. I've never seen anything pulled mid-season due to "paperwork".

He said local sanction. NSL in Nashville goes by NSA rules and reverts back to the NSA rule book on disagreements, but is not officially sanctioned and uses separate insurance. Hence the designation "local" sanction.

Even places like Softball World, when it existed near Cleveland, pushed the limit on everything, including allowing the OG Ultra after it was banned. NSA slapped them on the hand and told them to stop.