Goodwill find

defos

There's a Goodwill outlet store here where everything is in bins and goes for .99/pound. I try to get there once a week and usually find some sort of baseball/softball gear to resell - lots of batting helmets, bat bags, and kid's gloves. Today I saw a Rawlings glove and threw it in the bag I was using without looking at it other than to see it was a Rawlings with a HOH style basket web. When I looked closer awhile later, I was very pleasantly surprised to see it's a genuine made in the USA HOH PRO-1000BF. The wrist binding is well worn, it has the normal color fade, and it needs some conditioning and new laces, but otherwise it's in good shape - well worth the $1 I paid for it. I don't know if I'll fix it and sell it or keep it for one of the grandkids. My granddaughter is almost 3, and her little brother is 3 months, but they'll need gloves someday. The PRO-1000 is supposedly a 12" glove, but this one measures right on 11", so it won't be too long before Ariana could use it. T-ballers use HOHs, right?

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
thrift stores are great fun and great for finds.
my personal favorite was finding a lht 6hf, but many many many others here and IG have had MUCH better scores for gloves.

Thrifting used to be much more fun though. Now its 'cool' and trendy, and difficult to find a score. The stuff has to pass 3 or 4 different stages before it even gets put out for sale and even then if something does slip by the employees - the guys who do it for a living often find stuff 1st thing. Add that to thrift stores around here like to pretend they know what they are doing ( $60 for a beat up knock off jersey that was $30 new??) its tough sledding. Luckily, they don't seem to know much about gloves so no worries there. For the 99 times you come up empty - that ONE time you score..... it makes it worth it!!!

case2000

Extra Hitter
script>
Great find! I would also like to see a picture...

Btw, has anyone been to *Sammy’s club recently to see the Rawlings leather goods? I would post some pics from our local club but I haven’t adjusted to life after photobucket

https://imgur.com/a/q7W0K

lP0ks26

Last edited:

defos

I gave my grandson a baseball rattle recently. I turned to his sister and asked her if she thought Joseph would play baseball someday. She glanced up from what she was doing, nodded her head yes, and without hesitation quietly said, "I play first" - just in case I forgot who's the oldest. She'll be 3 next month.