GoPro while pitching

militaryballer

Addicted to Softballfans
I plan on mounting a GoPro to my helmet while pitching this year. Those that have done this or seen this done in the past, where do you prefer to mount the camera. I have seen some videos on YouTube but just looking for some opinions. I have also thought about buying the chest harness.

superfonzie

MILE HI HEEL'Billy
im gonna be doing it also in league vs tourney so people can see the difference in competition … great idea … trying to get mine mounted to my worth helmet… any pointers .. any hardware ideas…

Super

militaryballer

Addicted to Softballfans
I am also mounting mine to the worth Pitching helmet...I will be using the curved adhesive base and depending on where I put will depend on which other hardware I use. The bases are not that expensive so I might just put one base on top and one base on the front and just alternate the location until I find my preference.

Odog

Addicted to Softballfans
Our umpires up here would not allow it, tight asses. Great idea. We were making a video for a buddies mom who has breast cancer. We donated last seasons winnings to her.

PPC#12

Manager
Our umpires up here would not allow it, tight asses. Great idea. We were making a video for a buddies mom who has breast cancer. We donated last seasons winnings to her.

This... I was forced to take mine off in a sanctioned tourny. Think there is something in the utrip rules about electronics on the field. Did it in league though. I mounted mine just on the top center of my lacrosse helmet

biggm28

Manager
Yeah, you will need all the protection you can wear. I feel that you will be a target with a camera on your head

Chrisklol

301' Bombs
I just took some video this way this past tournament. Came out pretty good.. I felt kind of like a douche wearing it though. I don't know, lots of people asking what it is.

Matt1336

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm pretty sure I would try to get on "the best of blank tournament" if I played against a guy with one of those things on his head.

Softball101tc

Addicted to Softballfans
This is way douchey. The only guy who gets a little bit of respect is the one who was trying to make a video montage for the friend's mom who had cancer.

bigbacon

Addicted to Softballfans
Industrial strength Velcro will hold it to your helmet no problem and still removable. Clean and prep both surfaces with 70% rubbing alcohol and press Velcro on hard and you are gtg

GNOLAUM

*insert dope custom title here
this is some sort of Sony cam. It is the first basemans. it has an elastic strap. I wore it over my hat as you can see. pretty funny. Good pic and sound
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQzqxZq5A7M[/ame]

shaunt

Central CA Vinci Rep
Here's the side of my helmet. Daylight video was better and didn't upload it in its highest quality

[ame]http://youtu.be/Dak_cat4ilc[/ame]

eyerolleddapiec

Loves Balls
I do this a lot to piss people off. Have done it in many sanctioned tourneys and have never been told I cant, although the rule book probably says I cant.

I put it right in the middle of my Faceoff mask, forehead area.

I do it to get people to hit middle

I make youtube videos to mess with dbags

I dont care if it makes me a dbag, its funny

I post videos of me getting hit too, so it balances out I suppose

Check out my youtube page for plenty of videos of me throwing away well fielded balls, and making people look like bitches. my youtube name is eyerolleddapiece

Curved mount from go pro has worked really well for me so far. I mount mine at eye level on my pitching hand side that way I still have full range of motion with my glove hand. Yes, it can feel dumb while wearing it, but I have only worn it in a couple of league games and during a Charity Softball Tournament that was mainly for fun. I have been approached by certain umpires and told to take it off.

GNOLAUM

*insert dope custom title here
I love when I play back then get a slow roller leaving me no play.

Did you hear me? This dude hits judys so I went back and when the slow roller came I didn't want to move my head. Lol. We run a five man for league night and that was the wheel coming over being funny. We take the game at about 10% seriousness. Its a blast!

militaryballer

Addicted to Softballfans
First Video

So I mounted the GoPro on the front of the Worth Pitching Mask and this is the last inning of the first game I used it....

[ame]http://youtu.be/olqKp0ShZE0[/ame]

militaryballer

Addicted to Softballfans
Dang why you breathing so hard pitching fatty?

definently not a Fatty.......being deployed and in close proximity to the burn pits and having to burn your own crap takes a tole on your lungs. Because of this I am a station to station base runner and I had just got done running the bases.....

moonpie02

Coal Miners DELIGHT!
NICE view there in Germany.I had the chance to play some ball in Slovakia with mtns all around.Had to keep reminding myself to PLAY ball & look later.Good vid by the way.