Got an 2015 OG Aftermath ASA? We wanna hear your thoughts

Chico_O

Bat Addict
Things I/we want to know would include factual info such as:

Weighting: Does it feel Endloaded or balanced or Midloaded, if endloaded how's it feel?
What weight bat are you swinging for this review?
Do you have a Balance point for a frame of reference with other Aftermaths? Or just other bats in general from the Demarini line?
Feel: Stiff Handle? Flex Handle? Forgiving on Mi****s?
Barrel: Hard/Crisp feel or Soft/Mush feel?
Durability: Any issues at all- examples: Rattle? Webbing? Any paint cracks?, real cracks?, Any Endcap separation? if so, after how many swings
Misc: got a Scale weight? What type and make did you use? Outside temp?
Or indoor Cage hitting?

Trying to get some opinions on this line, so if you care to chime in, please do so!

Thanks so much for your time reading and contributing to this!

Babynate

Coach
I'm a easton guy my self. But I play on a team that uses demarini so I have hit most of the new line up. For the Og Aftermath: 27 oz out of the wrapper, it felt to me to be more of a midloaded bat. Swang very smooth, handle was stiffer then the 14 to me, it was forgiving on mi****s no real sting in the handle. Ball came off very well,great exit speed. Barrel was softer than I'm used to for sure, outside hitting, temp was 65. Put about 200 swings on it , no webbing, cracks of any kind. Scale weight was 26.8 on the one I swang. Overall this will be my asa bat for this year. Jmo.

justwhippin

Addicted to Softballfans
I have not swang the og am yet but just wanted to type swang a few times..... but for real though more reviews would be nice as i want to buy some bats soon and never been a big flipper guy

natedd

Addicted to Softballfans
My 13 aftermath felt amazing. The 14 seemed heavier and to me did not have the same pop. I have yet to swing my 15 aftermath but i let some team mates bp it and they say it was great out of the wrapper.

FIRE09

Addicted to Softballfans
I have two of the OG ASA 2015 aftermaths, both 26oz scale at 25.95 and 26.2, I have only used one in the cages and it is fire right out of the wrapper. I put approx. 50-75 swings on it and it went in the bag for a gamer. Feels mid to very slightly end loaded, to me it feels perfect. Barrel feels like the 2013 aftermath on contact. I have not received my USA aftermath yet to compare. I have only hit 52 so not a mark on the bat.

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
Why does everyone hate the 2014 line so much? All talk is about the 13s and 15s. Middle child syndrome. Not the OG, not the newest, then not noteworthy.

jjjsf

Addicted to Softballfans
So many different AM's out there they had to name the regular AM the og.

Kinda, but the OG literally refers to how after people loved the first Aftermath in 13, and werent as impressed with the 14 AM, in 15, they went back to the "OG"(original) 13 version that people loved. That was the marketing at least. Initial reviews seem to support that the 15 is just like the 13, and not very much like the 14.

Chico_O

Bat Addict
^ This is great info, and exactly why I posted this- its great to share these kinds of non bias views with the community.

deeznuts13

Village idiot
Why does everyone hate the 2014 line so much? All talk is about the 13s and 15s. Middle child syndrome. Not the OG, not the newest, then not noteworthy.

I don't necessarily think people are hating on the 14. I can however tell you I have the 13,14,&15 and the 14 is the odd man out for me. The 13 and 15 feel nearly identical. The 14 feels like you really have to power through the whole swing where the other 2 when you hit the sweet spot, which is pretty much the whole barrel, you don't really feel the ball come off the bat much. You can definitely see the ball exit faster when making solid contact with the spot on the 13 & 15. Don't get me wrong though, the 14 is no slouch by any stretch of the imagination

Last edited:

Chico_O

Bat Addict
i love the feel of my '13, so if/when it goes, Im glad the 15 will feel similar.

Anyone have over 500 swings with their OG yet? If so, how's it holding up?

u234bob

Blah Blah Blah
Flipper am Og is 13" barrel just like 13/14
Flipper am is 12" barrel.
Point was to have 2 AM's this year.
People wanted a 12"
That is why it's called OG.

jplum13

Eat the food Tina!
Well, I just picked up a 14 AM for my coed team to replace an Easton L6. Now you guys have me thinking I should have ponied up for a 15?

d-wreck7

Addicted to Softballfans
Swung one today was a 27 and my buddy unwrapped it right there at Bp. We hit a mix of 52s(thunder heats, thunder zns and evil Bp lites). It was prob 75-80 degrees out. We put maybe 75 swings on it.

My opinion is it feels just like the black and gold one. Took a round to open up a bit just like the black and gold one. Felt effortless through the zone and on contact. Can only imagine what it's gonna be like with a couple hundred swings or even 500.

Def gonna have to get one of these. Would recommend to anyone who loved the black and gold AM or the Am in general.

deeznuts13

Village idiot
Well, I just picked up a 14 AM for my coed team to replace an Easton L6. Now you guys have me thinking I should have ponied up for a 15?

there nothing wrong with the 14, just saying the 15 feels more like the 13. the 14 is still a great bat

superfonzie

MILE HI HEEL'Billy
i am glad to hear that the 15 AM is like the 13 AM.... i intro'd the AM two yrs ago here where i live to ALOT of league guys and some of my teammates i pay tourneys w also... REALLY GLAD TO HEAR THIS IS GONNA BE JUST LIKE THE OG13AM... I have two on the way ... just made my day....

Super

Chico_O

Bat Addict
Looks like I will be buying one as well in case my '13 goes, already has the infamous paint crack, but has been solid since the crack appeared... only a matter of time though... game hits only! :p

Cali_4sb

Coach
The 15 og AM is money. I like all the flippers/AMs, but this years feels good. Ive hit 52/300's and 44/275's and it was great with them. Im curious to see how the USA 15' will compare.

deeznuts13

Village idiot
Looks like I will be buying one as well in case my '13 goes, already has the infamous paint crack, but has been solid since the crack appeared... only a matter of time though... game hits only! :p

they get just stupid once they paint crack. i hope the 15 does the same thing, i love me some paint cracked aftermath

gandyatlas

Manager
This is Great to hear! I just received the 15 to replace the 14 due to warranty issues. I hit my first 300' HR's ever last spring with the 14. Sounds like I have a beast in the bag now!

Chico_O

Bat Addict
The 15 og AM is money. I like all the flippers/AMs, but this years feels good. Ive hit 52/300's and 44/275's and it was great with them. Im curious to see how the USA 15' will compare.

I'm also very curious about this...
Id like to swing one this season,as I didnt get a chance to swing last years. All the leagues here are going .52/300 and its great since it seems to prolong the bat life of these AM's.