Got another 504 - Single Post

fuzzai

Starting Player
Got another 504.

I was so thrilled with my Y post, i figured i'd try out a single post web.
Went with the JT Tan, Tan lace, dark Tan palm. split grey welting, yellow gold stitching, and red embroidery.

03D9C9E3-07E3-4DBE-8151-B68E847A2655.jpg

1D7365DE-F1E6-4F8C-95C5-8367DA51EF90.jpg

866F5CA5-7480-43F6-903C-9043E4567C3C.jpg

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
I love the old school tan look, but please tell me it didn't arrive with that granny knot at the base of the web!!!

fuzzai

Starting Player
I love the old school tan look, but please tell me it didn't arrive with that granny knot at the base of the web!!!

Lol no. They had the inside loop in the pocket so tight it was putting a ripple in the leather. So I loosened it. Then tied it. Then took pictures. Then said. GD that ugly. And fixed it. I promise!

The stock tan laces are stupid stiff. Finds it made the bottom of the pocket tight. But it's starting to open as the lace stretch.

NYC

Swag on 100.
So is this the same leather used on the new morton batches? Japanese tanned cowhide? Love the single post by the way.

fuzzai

Starting Player
So is this the same leather used on the new morton batches? Japanese tanned cowhide? Love the single post by the way.

Hey. No clue, never touched a Morton.

It is Japanese tan. It's smooth and softer then the black Japanese dct I have.

It's a really nice leather is all I can really say.

NYC

Swag on 100.
Hey. No clue, never touched a Morton.

It is Japanese tan. It's smooth and softer then the black Japanese dct I have.

It's a really nice leather is all I can really say.

yes then its the same as the new mortons. Its smooth, and pillowy, yet still firm. Holds its shape nice. Should be broken in in a couple weeks tho.

beeblebobble

Starting Player
How did you get split welting? Is that an option on the SBF form? Seems like rolled welting is the only option at other places I've used a builder. Beautiful glove, great classic style.

fuzzai

Starting Player
How did you get split welting? Is that an option on the SBF form? Seems like rolled welting is the only option at other places I've used a builder. Beautiful glove, great classic style.
Tnx man.

Ya all forms have the option of split or rolled. Due to exchange rate I ordered locally and it had same options as the American form from sbf

yardballz

Part Time Player
My other hoh is chocolate brown and has beige rolled welting. Looks sharp.

Funny. Trying to think if any of my hohs ever had anything but split welting. I know all my tan or black ones had split.
Was always split welting on hoh and rolled on pp.

fuzzai

Starting Player
Funny. Trying to think if any of my hohs ever had anything but split welting. I know all my tan or black ones had split.
Was always split welting on hoh and rolled on pp.

Are you talking about stock gloves? If so I could see that. Both my 504 are custom tho

fuzzai

Starting Player
Cy, that stock tan lace?
If so. Was it stupid stiff when you got it?
Looks like the hardest part of breaking in this bad boy will be the lace

A Cy 617

Dad, Fire fighter, bat flipper.
Cy, that stock tan lace?
If so. Was it stupid stiff when you got it?
Looks like the hardest part of breaking in this bad boy will be the lace

It is! I dunk all of my gloves, and the lace hasn't been compromised yet.. All these rumors that dunking a glove ruins the longevity of it, haven't been proven to me yet.

I will re-lace the glove this off season.. I've got 3 more weekends and about 3 weeks left of fall ball. I love my 504, fits my hand perfectly..

I hope you're happy with the single post! I love H webs plus the 504-6 is always my top pick because #6 was my recruit number. So even if I ever wanted a different web, I'd get the H and order a new web with it.. Yeah, I'm mental like that hahaha

A Cy 617

Dad, Fire fighter, bat flipper.
Also, I have a pro preferred not a HOH. I believe the inserts in the PP are stiffer than the HOH, a main reason why I went with the PP. The leather one mine wasn't as stiff as yours, so I don't think it's fair to compare them. The laces were stiff, but after I dunked it and beat it into submission, the glove was game ready.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
From the Auburn Leather website. Glove leather is chrome tanned (softer, lower tensile strength, but can handle heat and moisture better than alum tanned leather). Laces are alum tanned, which makes the leather stronger and stiffer, but both water and heat (even 115 deg) will start to make it break down and get brittle. Nokona switched to a combo tanned leather for laces because they were getting gloves in for a relace (that were not that old) that had been either left in a hot car too many times or had been given the oven treatment.

CHROME-TANNED LEATHER LACE
Chrome-tanned leather laces are known for their soft, rich feel. Typically used in
footwear, most notably hand-sewn shoes, chrome-tanned laces tend to maintain their
shape, color, and temper (feel) even after exposure to moisture and heat in a hand-sewing
operation.

ALUM-TANNED LEATHER LACE
Alum-tanned (Aluminum) leather laces are much firmer, denser, and have overall
increased strength over chrome-tanned laces. Alum laces are not recommended for us in
hand-sewn shoes where laces would be exposed to moisture and heat, but can be used in
certain footwear applications, such as work boots. Alum laces are most notably used in
sporting goods applications, such as baseball/softball glove lacing as well as lacrosse
sticks.

yardballz

Part Time Player
Also, I have a pro preferred not a HOH. I believe the inserts in the PP are stiffer than the HOH, a main reason why I went with the PP. The leather one mine wasn't as stiff as yours, so I don't think it's fair to compare them. The laces were stiff, but after I dunked it and beat it into submission, the glove was game ready.

I dont know if its the inserts or not but the thumb and pinkie on every pp ive ever broken in was stiffer and held its shape better than any of the hohs ive ever broken in. These would all be the newer versions of the pps as ive only started using pps in the past couple of seasons.

fuzzai

Starting Player
These tan laces will be the harder part to break in.
The Japanese tan leather is nice and smooth and the glove closes pretty easily which is nice.

Maybe the next 504 will have to be a PP.