got dropped like a bad habit turning 2 last night.

thejuggster

Dying of WTP Disease
I am playing SS in league, the ball is hit perfectly between me and P so that I can scoop it up, take few steps and turn 2. Kid standing on 1st is an inexperienced younger kid in his low 20s. He runs 100mph around the bases with blinders on. All I know is that I scooped up the ball, took 2 steps, left foot on 2b, turn to throw it and WHAM I get shoulder into my gut. I start falling over him, so I knew if I am going down, so is he. Horse collar tackled him over me. my legs are laying on 2b so I never came fully off the bag. first thing I notice, I cant breathe, winds out of me. So am on all 4s, try to stand up quick for some reason (maybe my pride said it didnt hurt lol!). Take couple steps toward OF, throw my hat off, glasses off my face and launch my glove in the OF. It takes a few mins but I finally gather myself. Stomach hurting like a mofo.

Next batter, blooper over 3b, old slow fat SS makes a sliding catch on boths knees to end the inning. It was bottom 0f 6, I am up 4th or 5th, 1 out, 2 on base, dinger......ALL THE WAY OUT OF THE PARK...onto the road. Field fence 300ft, park fence 310ft, road 315ft lol!

We won, games over. This is where kid goes from kid to "punk --- lil -----". First thing he did, not ask if I was ok since I was the one clearly hurt. that was prob smart on his part cuz if he would have talked to me on the field I would have probably punched him. Second, while shaking hands I told him "what you did? totally uncalled for. This is league ball there is no reason you should have came into 2b that hard, you was clearly going to be out". Of course I get "F--- you old man, you ran into me, if you cant handle it get off the field". Full on verbal discussion happened after that, and no cursing from me. Yeah right next thing out of my mouth was "you ------ lil punk --- -----, I have been playing ball longer than your stupid --- been alive. I can play circles around you anytime, any day". Few choice words was said to me which made start walking toward him, of course my team in the dugout already and his team stands between me and him. Ump stopped everything.

Hey I am old school, take me out trying to turn 2 by taking out my feet, good play. Run full speed into 2b and drop your shoulder...dirty. If its either dirty or just lack of experience its still dumb and super dangerous. Just happy I have a sore gut today and not a leg snapped in half.

pat on back: I hit for the cycle :thumb:

herts9

SEMI-RETIRED LEGEND
1) dot that little bastard in the chest with the ball next time he wants to run at you

2) **** you, you old ****ing ****

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Didn't you read? He's so old on a ball between him and the bag the kid still almost beat it out. :D He didn't even get a chance to throw.

Thank goodnes for medicare, huh? I'd be pissed my coach didn't get the guy called out on interference.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
Next time the ball is going into his chest whether my slow ass has made it to the bag yet or not. "Hey, wasn't gonna beat you so I just went for the out at first. Bad throw I guess. It happens."

BTW, I make it to the bag. I may be slow but I cover a lot of ground.

herts9

SEMI-RETIRED LEGEND
Didn't you read? He's so old on a ball between him and the bag the kid still almost beat it out. :D He didn't even get a chance to throw.

Thank goodnes for medicare, huh? I'd be pissed my coach didn't get the guy called out on interference.

NEXT time they play, yo :)

TonyB

Addicted to Softballfans
If it went down the way you said it did, you need to work on your footwork around the bag.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
If it went down the way you said it did, you need to work on your footwork around the bag.

i wasn't the only one who thought this in my head then. left foot on 2nd coming from short turning for the throw? that don't seem right. plus wouldnt you be able to see him? this story has too many holes in it. what say you juggster?

OilCountryCanno

Star Player
He must have had enough time to see the kid coming but didn't anticipate him coming full speed upright. Did you sit back and wait on the ball to come to you and if you did how did the pitcher miss a crawler. You should have had plenty of time to turn 2 if it was hit hard even with you ranging to the right.

imo that kid is a jackass. I would have laid my elbow into his face/chest or drilled a ball directly at him. Yeah i know, you're supposed to clear second base on the throw but that base path is as much yours as the guy running it..especially if the runner is guaranteed out without a slide.

thejuggster

Dying of WTP Disease
I didnt want to get into all the details. ones that know me, know I can talk lol.

the kid is super fast. True, the ball wasnt hit that hard, so I guess had to rush it al lil to get to 2b. But I knew still had plenty of time to turn DP, other guy was kinda slow and I knew step on 2 with nice hard easy throw to 1. I did look down at the bag when I was running up to it but did not expect him to be coming full bore into 2nd. The play at 2 was closer than I expected but I didnt see him until it was way too late, all I remember seeing his head below my left elbow.

It was my right foot that stepped on 2.

Trust me if I had time and he was in the basepath he would have gotten a new haircut.

My team cant really blast middle, its a friends work team. Prob 1 out of 11 have bat control on this team and my tummy was hurting lol! One of my very good friends son was pitching, so no middle shots. He actually came up to me after it all and asked if he could get my walker.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
we had a similar play a month or so ago. guy going to second was running as hard as he could, head down. second baseman took the feed from short and threw before looking towards first. hit the runner smack in the forehead from 10-15 feet. ended up looking like a unicorn. total accident and no tempers. just a stupid play on both sides. ball ended up in left center. thank god we only use the 52/300

thejuggster

Dying of WTP Disease
No slide or avoid rule in league?

none established by the league. new league at this park, use to be just church league and kids slowpitch. Its GSL so dont know if they have any rules.

I did get the throw off during mid hit, it was 15 ft short and 10 ft wide.

matt6195

Manager
I got yelled at this year for flipping a guy. Team we played was a guy short no 2nd baseman. Short stop made a play int he hole and had to beat me to 2nd base. I slide hard into 2nd flipped him. He came across the middle of the bag. Their pitcher yelled at me. I looked at him and said what am I supposed to do just give you the out? 2nd don't come across the middle of the bag. I play SS and I awlays prepare to taken out by a slide. I learned at an early age just throw the ball if the fielder gets hit he gets hit.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
i seen this video the other day and it pissed me off.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6sZR5AKYzE[/ame]

Triple7

Addicted to Softballfans

This ^^^^
1. You were in poor position, let your momentum carry you toward the outfield while you are scrap the back corner of the bag
2. Kid should have slid but always assume they won't
3. Stuff happens get over it

OilCountryCanno

Star Player
The guy flying into second base has zero athletic ability. He tried but couldn't slow down and it looked like he was looking for the second base bag and couldn't decide if he wanted to slide or just fall. Second shouldn't have shoved him down and then stand over him, that's a ***** move. Although I don't condone that punch, I would have been hella furious when i got up too. Third base should have seriously started throwing some down after seeing that.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
nah, i think the dude running to second was trying to check the 2nd basemen. look how he crosses his arms without any attempt to slide. but hit foot hooks the bag and he falls into the 2nd baseman.

LBDirtbag

Star Player
It almost looks like the runner was trying to grab ahold of the 2nd baseman to avoid falling over. I see that happen quite a lot when guys are hustling into the bag and don't slide, although it's not often accompanied with malicious intent. In any event, both players handled that situation poorly.

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
That guy just took the punch and didn't come back swinging, he's a ***** just like the rest of his team.

OilCountryCanno

Star Player
notice how close third was? what the hell? he's like 6 foot in from the base path line...really rec ball. Hard to say if the runner meant to take him out purposely. I have seen it before where a bigger dude chugged to third and couldn't stop, ended up tripping on the bag taking out the third base coach...haha