Got ejected last night!

Spackler

...got that goin for me
Good umps let a little slide. people cuss even when they know its on them. I yelled Bullsh*t at ump once, he let it slide and I apologized next inning and I was surprised how cool he was. He knew it was close and gave me room to cool the jets, not his first picnic. I thought he handled it perfect.

brm2073

Addicted to Softballfans
Down here in Fl we have the opposite problem in a lot of our leagues. Guys have gotten in fights and not get ejected because the umps have no balls and let pretty much anything go because there intimidated by most the guys in the upper leagues/tournys. The only umpire that ever takes control and has ejected guys at one of my parks is our butch umpire so I have no problem with her. On the flip side I did have a buddy get ejected at one of our tournys by one of the overzealous female umps for dropping the f bomb directed at himself after making an error without warning which is also pretty weak. Fine line i guess........

Last edited:

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator
No fight, didn't direct anger at the other team...just said F-that when the ump made a bad call.

Was it right for ump to eject me? Now I miss 2 games, including my Friday night team! Should I protest with the league?

Ps. This is why butch women should never be allowed to ump softball! Especially the more competitive open league.

Thoughts?

Wait, so you got suspended from two teams? :confused:

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator
Normally around here as long as it's not directed at anyone and you're not screaming it with kids around the umps won't even say anything. A soft f-bomb under your breath is tolerated.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Thanks for pointing that out! However, an obscene gesture (like flipping the ump off) by definition is saying F-you without actually saying it! I said it was DEBATABLE and frankly looking for a loophole to dispute my case.

Did you know in the English language it's proper to capitalize the first word of sentences? Not to pull the grammar card but if you're going to dispute someone's intelligence don't you think you should be intelligent enough to capitalize your sentences while doing so?

BTW: Just spoke with the LD and had the call overturned! So I can play now...boom!

i think there should be some commas in there somewhere, or maybe a period, and then start another sentence with a capital letter.

mutigerfan21

Addicted to Softballfans
Normally around here as long as it's not directed at anyone and you're not screaming it with kids around the umps won't even say anything. A soft f-bomb under your breath is tolerated.

I agree with this 100%. Now if a player directly say **** you to me. Or anything along those lines that is when I throw a T. I understand saying **** to myself cause I messed up. But don't direct it to the ref, whether it is direct or indirect like "are you ****ing kidding me"

RDD15

Addicted to Softballfans
Your right I understand that. I'm not trying to take a high road. But I do know when to turn it on an off. I don't care if it is rec league or turney ball. An umpire, official, or referee, should be shown some sort of respect. He directly called out the umpire in public. That should be tolerated, she is the word on the field and what she says go. Officials are given that right when the work a game that their opinion is the only one that matters then. However they see something, right or wrong, it is the law. Just pick up whistle, or shin gaurds and go officiate a game. I bet then you will have no respect for officials.

You obviously misunderstand. I have umpired, and not a lot of guys show more respect for umps than I do. I am not sure what part of my post indicated otherwise. I just found it ironic that you cursed in a post that says that adults do not need to curse.

mutigerfan21

Addicted to Softballfans
Not saying you dont show respect this was in general. Sorry if you thought that I was calling you out. I curse just like most, but I dont direct it at an umpire. I will say something under my breath to myself, but that is it.