Got my return yesterday....

milkfisher

Addicted to Softballfans
Sent in an afflicted....got an SB98.

The bat looks great! But I've got a couple questions....

The end cap doesn't seem to fit the barrel like my other combats. Is that normal for sb98?

Also the didn't send a standard "no return" they sent a players model no warranty bat. What's up with that? Is it normal?

KYsoftballer76

Joshua 24:15
The SB98 is a no warranty bat to begin with. Like the Derby Boys.

Post a pic of the endcap and the others that have one will chime in.

bat monger

Combat Advisory staff
Sometimes the endcap doesn't line up correctly with the barrel, like the endcap is too small. This is normal.

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
You will be MUCH happier with this than the Afflicted!

Agreed. Although I like the forgiving nature of the Afflicted, I really had to swing hard to get the ball over the fence. The SB98 doesn't have that problem at all. It's got some pop. :)

setz33

Addicted to Softballfans
I just got one as a return as well and my endcap does not seem to fit correctly either. the barrel seems to go a little higher then the end cap like it is sunken into the barrel. I think this is to prevent people from taking the end cap off.

Batta3674

Addicted to Softballfans
Agreed. Although I like the forgiving nature of the Afflicted, I really had to swing hard to get the ball over the fence. The SB98 doesn't have that problem at all. It's got some pop. :)

I've honselty tried to give the Afflicted a chance but it just didn't seem to have the pop I was looking for, it almost just felt too soft for me. I had a few that went but not as much as I would like so it was used as a cold weather bat for me. The SB98 out of the wrapper is the real deal and I'm waiting to see the change at 100/150 hits.

BoxerGT2.5

Addicted to Softballfans
So the SB98 is good? I picked it up at the end of last season, have yet to swing it with it being freezing cold.