Got the itch playing again... I love bats !!!!

GripnRip

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey fellas im back to playing and with coed team, to get my timing down and feel for the game again , been retired from playing about 4-5 years.I started playing years a go around 20 ish now im 47 , back then playing weight was 200 or so im 5'7 and had a good arm ,but now trying to get back to that.Since i dont throw every day its tough since i play once a week now and only pitch because my team has no pitchers, im an outfielder ,when i started playing in early days i was a shortstop.So now Im 185 and in decent shape waist size 36,i can run but developed tendonitis in my left knee, its happens in about 20% in athletes, plus im on my legs alot and over use and strain of knee.When i started playing we used the blue aluminum tps bats and at a ymca coed league.Then moved up to mens and used the tps blue aluminum until the power domes came out which was my favorite black one.Then took a year or so off came back to better mens league and the worths aluminums where the sticks to have ,so i purchased a gold c5555 loved swinging it.Then took a little more time off not much and joined a decent coed league to get a feel for the fields and competition for coed and mens.Now this is where the game changed with the Bats and balls .I cant tell what years it changed but the players where using composites and better balls, i tried a few but liked the mikens ,purchased the original ultra used that for a bit until they where banned.Sold it could not swwing it anywhere, so got an original freak until the blue combats came out .Had the second version of those.Then i went back to the mikens.So i retired for a while and came back not knowing what was the popular good bat to use.Their are so many out i did not know which ones to get , so i finally chose one which is a decent bat , but its a 26 oz endload utrip ... way to light for me so.... its just sitting here ..... now i purchase another bat 28 oz end load fricking perfect ..,,love this bat , but i cant use it in my league , i was so pumped to use it .... now both are sitting here ... i purchased both of them begining of May 2014 ....More to come be on the look out, i have to gather the process on here.... stay tuned.

AshAid28

Coach
All the time it took you to type this, you could have summed it up with, I'm back into the game after several years away and I'm having a blast.

But no we had to suffer through YMCA, waist size, how much you weighed and currently weigh... And a whole lot of .... Thanks a lot Buddy!!!!

Jk buddy, welcome back and for future reverence less is sometimes best when typing on the board

scrub

Addicted to Softballfans
That's cool I'm younger and getting to the point where I don't give as many craps about softball as I used to. You know it started out that day when I was rolling up to a game early in Eastern West Pokonokas Monday church league and had a conversation with god. He told me "is that what you be-ith?" I said "wut" He said "is this wut you be-ith?". Then I thought hard. I thought real hard. I thought so hard it made me think about other things. I thought, "I'm hungry". I started thinking about what I wanted to eat. "Burgers?" No. I had eaten burgers two days earlier and although I like burgers it was just a little too sudden for me. So I thought more. "Skittles?" Idiot! Skittles are not dinner! 20 minutes later, I was eating a bag of skittles, drinking a root beer and enjoying a side of jack link jerky. god spoke again. He said "What of the others?" I said "wut". He shook his head. I told him god! But you made my hearing sparse, remember? He agreed. Anyway, the moral of the story is, stay tuned....

Laoch

Bearded. Drunk. Dominant.
I can't figure out how fast i should be running. I wear a size 13, help!

jftx

Addicted to Softballfans
You have 70 posts for a reason .. do us a favor after that book.. make sure it takes you 6 more yrs for 70 more

Wartown

Extra Hitter
That's cool I'm younger and getting to the point where I don't give as many craps about softball as I used to. You know it started out that day when I was rolling up to a game early in Eastern West Pokonokas Monday church league and had a conversation with god. He told me "is that what you be-ith?" I said "wut" He said "is this wut you be-ith?". Then I thought hard. I thought real hard. I thought so hard it made me think about other things. I thought, "I'm hungry". I started thinking about what I wanted to eat. "Burgers?" No. I had eaten burgers two days earlier and although I like burgers it was just a little too sudden for me. So I thought more. "Skittles?" Idiot! Skittles are not dinner! 20 minutes later, I was eating a bag of skittles, drinking a root beer and enjoying a side of jack link jerky. god spoke again. He said "What of the others?" I said "wut". He shook his head. I told him god! But you made my hearing sparse, remember? He agreed. Anyway, the moral of the story is, stay tuned....

This made me piss in my pants...at work. lmfao