Gotta love DDs, They think they know it all incl bats.

thejuggster

Dying of WTP Disease
All the buying, selling, trading to get her some really good bats and some really great bats, she is now the expert.

So in a 3 state college exposure tourney (10+ college coaches in which I seen 0) she swings her 2011 Demarini C4i. I asked her why she is swinging that bat, she responds "the demarini is lighter than my other bats and its not endloaded". My eyes almost permanently crossed. I tried my hardest to explain to her that the cf4i was actually her only endloaded in her bag and all her other bats were also 23 oz. The other 3 bats in your bag was the SCN6B, SSR3B, and 2 Legit. All balanced bats, all 33/23's. But what do I know, I know nothing about bats and I have only been playing softball for 23 years. Not even pointing out the big letters on her bat that spelled out...ENDLOADED worked.

She did ok this past wekend 4-9, 3 doubles, 1 single, 3 rbi's with 1 walk.

But if she wasnt playing my bat addiction would probably have been cured and I would probably be on the 12 step system. Is it bad she has more bats than me and her mother combined? 6 bats enough?

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
aren't your kids supposed to have more than you? mine is gonna have to have a ton one day

CHROME DOME

Addicted to Softballfans
All the buying, selling, trading to get her some really good bats and some really great bats, she is now the expert.

So in a 3 state college exposure tourney (10+ college coaches in which I seen 0) she swings her 2011 Demarini C4i. I asked her why she is swinging that bat, she responds "the demarini is lighter than my other bats and its not endloaded". My eyes almost permanently crossed. I tried my hardest to explain to her that the cf4i was actually her only endloaded in her bag and all her other bats were also 23 oz. The other 3 bats in your bag was the SCN6B, SSR3B, and 2 Legit. All balanced bats, all 33/23's. But what do I know, I know nothing about bats and I have only been playing softball for 23 years. Not even pointing out the big letters on her bat that spelled out...ENDLOADED worked.

She did ok this past wekend 4-9, 3 doubles, 1 single, 3 rbi's with 1 walk.

But if she wasnt playing my bat addiction would probably have been cured and I would probably be on the 12 step system. Is it bad she has more bats than me and her mother combined? 6 bats enough?

:D Funny stuff...mine likes to think she knows it all about hitting. She gets mad when I try to help during a tourney (never during the game, that's the coaches job). Gotta admit I get a little joy out of it when she comes up to me and says "OK what am I doing wrong"??

thejuggster

Dying of WTP Disease
:D Funny stuff...mine likes to think she knows it all about hitting. She gets mad when I try to help during a tourney (never during the game, that's the coaches job). Gotta admit I get a little joy out of it when she comes up to me and says "OK what am I doing wrong"??

mine use to get so damn mad at me if I said something while in the bleachers. But on her new team I am in the dugout so she takes advice a little easier.

300exbat

Addicted to Softballfans
Gotta love these kids. I tried and tried to tell my younger one to stop reaching and bend the back knee on her swing. I always got "I know". I finally asked the manager to tell her; funny how she will listen to everyone else but me. She went from#7 batter to #2 in two qualifiers. As you Jug, I am now also in the dug-out with that same manager and she still bends the knee:)

thejuggster

Dying of WTP Disease
Gotta love these kids. I tried and tried to tell my younger one to stop reaching and bend the back knee on her swing. I always got "I know". I finally asked the manager to tell her; funny how she will listen to everyone else but me. She went from#7 batter to #2 in two qualifiers. As you Jug, I am now also in the dug-out with that same manager and she still bends the knee:)

Nothing better than being the scorebook birch!!! I bring my backpack so I can carry around coach's scorebook, clipboard, seeds, gum and candy for girls.