Greinerts

Softball.com:

countrymonkey

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey guys have a question or two hopefully you can help with . I have had a couple of the og usssa CGDB and thought they were literally the best swinging and performing bats I have ever swung. Problem is both exploded after about 300 swings. My question is, will I like the dual stamp version just as good, and is there any difference in the 2nd and 3rd years models of usssa and dual stamp besides paint.

I guess I am also looking for any similar feel and performing other models combat may have as well. Thanks in advance for your help?

Eeyore

Addicted to Softballfans
The OG and last years were extremely similar. I couldn't tell a difference between the 2. I have not swung the U Trip one but the dual stamp performed well and it was at around 800 hits with mostly 44s and it finally broke (Last years bat)

countrymonkey

Addicted to Softballfans
thanks for the help on the dual stamps. Anyone have any info on the comparability of the CGDB from different years? Any help would be appreciated.

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!
Did you roll it? Did you beat it against a tree or something? Did you use rocks to bp with? Chris is a local guy around here and sold a ton of his bats to guys and I haven't heard of any durability issues or them breaking around 300 swings. Maybe you got a bad batch or something.

countrymonkey

Addicted to Softballfans
No alterations to either that I know of, now I will say I bought them both used on this site and my hit count is going by their estimate and then my hits so it is somewhat suspect as we all know most hit counts are underestimated. TBH I am not that concerned about the durability, my questions is more is the black/blue and the newest model the same as the black/red. Repaints or different?

neldogger

Addicted to Softballfans
both utrip models are hot. I do think they are repaints which is fine with me. great bats why mess up a good thing. mines lastest about 500 swings each. that's why they come with a warranty. 4 bats for the price of two. I rather have a hot bat in 30 swings than one that takes 100-200 swings to break in. my bats are two person bat and the random let me try it out guys.

real question which is better aravice or cg. or is it tguilt or tribute. awesome bats!!

KinGClowN

Half Man Half Amazing
Did you roll it? Did you beat it against a tree or something? Did you use rocks to bp with? Chris is a local guy around here and sold a ton of his bats to guys and I haven't heard of any durability issues or them breaking around 300 swings. Maybe you got a bad batch or something.

Let's not be ridiculous here, I broke one in 75 swings and i know at least 10 other people who didn't have them last 100. Depending on how you hit they could last a little while, i've seen men that hit like small children but the flip side is true too i've seen guys that hit the ball hard annihilate these things.

Bishop0510

Addicted to Softballfans
I play for a Combat team here in Ohio and I will say the durability is an issue on Combat's. I went through 6 bats last year all broke between 200-300 cuts. These was however factory tuned bats and we was advised not to use them in BP, but we also had non tuned bats and they broke around the same amount of hits. I've heard Easton stepped in and has put their reason on the outside of the Bat to help with durability, guess we'll find out this year. Good thing we're not paying for these ha-ha, I'd be out a lot of money

countrymonkey

Addicted to Softballfans
so another question, I have only swung 1 piece combats with my favorites being the Dan Smith and CG. I have a resyy legit 2 piece tho that I love as well. How would the combat 2 pieces compare to the legit? and which ones. I swing endloaded bats only.

hitit9999

Addicted to Softballfans
You didn't have any "factory tuned" combats. Somebody told you a lie. They are all the same. Only tuning would have come when it reached you or someone that you got it from. All the bats sent to teams, including their conference teams, are stock bats. I have been in and around the company for the better part of 11 years, and the bats that get used are the same ones they sell off the table at tournaments. Argue what you like. But they will tell you the same thing. All companies bats are pretty good right out of the wrapper. So there's no need for "tuning." Any questions I'll be happy to answer on here or PM me.
Nate Holcomb

NW7

I bought the duel stamp and Utrip Cg's last year. I put about 300 on the duel and a little more on the utrip, only the Slight rattle in the duel and Its probly the hottest bat I have used in 18yrs playing...Just bought another duel on Ebay $89 couldnt pass it up. Good luck this year fellas.