Other GSL: Bat Rule Question

jstn8887

Addicted to Softballfans
I will be playing GSL for the first time this fall and I have two bat questions:

1. Is the Lady Virus legal? Is it a black and white rule or a gray area for this bat? I would be talking about an LV with both the USSSA and NSA stamps on it.

2. What is the penalty for using a non-approved, but non-altered, bat in GSL?

1) No. The bat has to be licensed/approved by either association.

2) I don't know. I've never seen it happen. It's probably an immediate out.

irishmafia

Addicted to Softballfans
I will be playing GSL for the first time this fall and I have two bat questions:

1. Is the Lady Virus legal? Is it a black and white rule or a gray area for this bat? I would be talking about an LV with both the USSSA and NSA stamps on it.

2. What is the penalty for using a non-approved, but non-altered, bat in GSL?

Ask GSL, and no, I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but that is the only place you can get a legitimate answer to your question.

jstn8887

Addicted to Softballfans
Ask GSL, and no, I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but that is the only place you can get a legitimate answer to your question.

I don't think that's a smartass answer, it's actually a good idea. I'll see if there is an email contact on the GSL website.

jstn8887

Addicted to Softballfans
Ok, so I emailed GSL softball on their website this morning and they already got back to me. Here is what they said:

"I have two questions.

1. Is the Combat Lady Virus softball bat approved for use in GSL softball events? It has the USSSA 1.20 BPF and NSA stamps, but I do not believe it is on their approved list. …..it is not legal !!

2. What is the penalty in GSL for using a non approved, but unaltered, softball bat (such as the new ASA-only stamped bats)? Bat is removed from tournament & the player is ejected for that game! All players will return to their original position before that batter !"

My question is in regular font and GSL's response is in bold. So the case is closed, the LV is not legal in GSL.