GSL..... Full of s***?

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
So some of my Utah boys won this GSL Worlds in Vegas at the beginning of the month. It says on the flyer that they won 16 championship rings. Now the guy in charge is saying that each ring is $135 per ring? Stating that he didn't get his 16 teams to enter so now he doesn't owe the prizes he promised. Seems kinda jacked to me.

dychen

Phoenix SuperDraft
It did say on their flyer and posts in this forum 16 team minimum. I'd just ask for something else that you wouldn't have to pay for. I mean are you really going to wear a ring that had like no teams in it for an organization hardly anyone knows?

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
Still waiting for our pullovers for winning KY state

How long ago was that?

It did say on their flyer and posts in this forum 16 team minimum. I'd just ask for something else that you wouldn't have to pay for. I mean are you really going to wear a ring that had like no teams in it for an organization hardly anyone knows?

Does that justify not giving a team the prize that was promised? There's no fine print on the flyer. Just a *.

dychen

Phoenix SuperDraft
Does that justify not giving a team the prize that was promised? There's no fine print on the flyer. Just a *.

I think your confused, it says on the flyer that he would need 16 teams to give out the 16 championship rings.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
I think the *16 team minimum Class D ..... is what he is referring to. Its not exactly specific that the 16 min is required for the prizes, to me that just as easily could be a guarantee of 16 teams. Being that they couldn't even get 16 teams for a "worlds" it might not in their best interest to piss off the teams that did show.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
Looks to me like 3 GG with 16 team minimum. Unless there is another page that defines the *.

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
I think the *16 team minimum Class D ..... is what he is referring to. Its not exactly specific that the 16 min is required for the prizes, to me that just as easily could be a guarantee of 16 teams. Being that they couldn't even get 16 teams for a "worlds" it might not in their best interest to piss off the teams that did show.

Yeah. Trust me. I'm an understanding guy. I get that you didn't get 6 teams that very well could have been extra profit that you would have been able to afford rings with. But it's not the fault of the teams that showed up. It's on the director for not clarifying that and not getting enough teams. They don't even need 16 rings. They only want one for each player, which is 11.

It is actually binding if you took them to court!

I don't think anyone wants to take it that far. At least I hope not.

Looks to me like 3 GG with 16 team minimum. Unless there is another page that defines the *.

It's obvious that the flyer isn't clear. Again, ain't this teams problem.

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans
Knowing y'all dudes from Utah, it probably was a legit D team lol!
But I think the 16 team minimum reference might have something to do with them not giving away the rings... But at 100$+ for some doesn't sound like they are picking up any part of the bill??? And if they didn't hand out a prize to your boys, then that's even more shady... JMO...

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
I would have phoned it in for ship to get the pullovers and shirts over the rings. :D

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
Crap that's what it is. Should provide rings screw the mumbo jumbo.

Agreed. People need to live up to what they say. Flat out.

But I think the 16 team minimum reference might have something to do with them not giving away the rings... But at 100$+ for some doesn't sound like they are picking up any part of the bill??? And if they didn't hand out a prize to your boys, then that's even more shady... JMO...

For sure that's the reason they are using. Because there wasn't 16 teams, they don't have the money to do it. That's not their fault. That's not outlined on the flyer. You posted on your FB that there was only 3 spots left! Again, ain't their problem.

I would have phoned it in for ship to get the pullovers and shirts over the rings. :D

They did get sweatshirts. Good looking ones too.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Exactly. The dipsticks put the asterisk on the 3 GG part instead of on the prize package. It's a tossup as to what the courts would rule though. Also, the flyer means next to nothing. You'd have to see how it's written on something from the field and the paperwork they signed there. I still agree it's crap.
Only 3 spots left!!!!!!!

Now that I see this, you get what you deserve playing in a tourney by someone that doesn't know the difference between our and are. :D

The coed tournament was run so poorly. I have never seen such a disaster of a tournament. I don't know about the men's one, but coed was awful. I have heard good things about GSL back east, and in Cali, but whoever is in charge of Vegas GSL is dragging that association through the mud.

Once again, speaking from COED, but they were supposed to do rings for Coed but there were only 12 teams, not 16+, and the first place received some Demarini Duffels, and we got T shirts and a hand towel for second.

Lumpy82

Addicted to Softballfans
We won "E" and got a long sleeve shirt and 2 full sets of uniforms, they wanted us to pay $125 for the rings. In talking with some of the local Vegas teams they said that they had a warm-up tournament with 28 teams, but it was ran so poorly that only a few came back out for the worlds tournament.

dychen

Phoenix SuperDraft
I guess it's what you are used to, around here all prize packages come with stipulations on a minimum amount of teams needed before the prizes are to be given out.

JStout863

Softball is Dumb
I guess it's what you are used to, around here all prize packages come with stipulations on a minimum amount of teams needed before the prizes are to be given out.

Here too...but it's also always expressly stated on the flyers/ads for the tournaments that the full team entry is needed for full prize package payout.

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
Well, the guy in charge is getting fired or released. Their team still isn't getting the prizes owed to them. Sucks. Oh well.