Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Wilson Showtime

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wilson 6-4-3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of them are worthwhile.

Votes: 22 95.7%

• Total voters
So I got the 6-4-3 today. Not a bad glove at all. Though I'm not impressed with baseballmonkey.com because the glove arrived with a prominent crease on the thumb and some scuffs/marks throughout. If not for the condition I'd say its a keeper. As it is Im not sure if I can break it in around that crease- it makes it really hard to open up the pocket. The glove itself is nice though. Worlds apart from the renegade. Its stiff in a good way, has a nice feel to it. Good size and shape. Relatively light weight- not sure what the average weight of a 13" softball glove is. Ive never had an a2000 so I cant compare upwards but I can say its at least a few steps above the demarini insane and rawlings renegade.

Party mafia

So I got the 6-4-3 today. Not a bad glove at all. Though I'm not impressed with baseballmonkey.com because the glove arrived with a prominent crease on the thumb and some scuffs/marks throughout. If not for the condition I'd say its a keeper. As it is Im not sure if I can break it in around that crease- it makes it really hard to open up the pocket. The glove itself is nice though. Worlds apart from the renegade. Its stiff in a good way, has a nice feel to it. Good size and shape. Relatively light weight- not sure what the average weight of a 13" softball glove is. Ive never had an a2000 so I cant compare upwards but I can say its at least a few steps above the demarini insane and rawlings renegade.
Are you going to keep the 643 glove?

Haven't decided yet and haven't heard back from baseballmonkey yet either. Aside from the condition of this particular glove, the finger holes are very wide and tall. In a way I like it, but it would depend on how it breaks in. I think the tallness of the holes could be an issue. I have more control over the glove if I put my index finger out. It is nice though, it feels alot like the expensive gloves ive tried on at ****s. stiff lightweight leather. The laces are a little dry and brittle, again this could be just the one I got. There's no question that it is a well built glove of good material.

Party mafia

Haven't decided yet and haven't heard back from baseballmonkey yet either. Aside from the condition of this particular glove, the finger holes are very wide and tall. In a way I like it, but it would depend on how it breaks in. I think the tallness of the holes could be an issue. I have more control over the glove if I put my index finger out. It is nice though, it feels alot like the expensive gloves ive tried on at ****s. stiff lightweight leather. The laces are a little dry and brittle, again this could be just the one I got. There's no question that it is a well built glove of good material.
If u decided to break it in, you won't be able to return to baseball monkey.

What im saying is i havent broke it in and thats why im unsure if these things will be issues or not. But thanks for the heads up because i was thinking about it. Funny that they enforce that though with the one they sent me feeling like someone else started to break it in. I think I'm just going to send it back.

Easton Mako Pro 12.75"
Adidas eqt 12.75"
Hanley Ramirez 12.75"

Those are the three best I can think of right now. There were other good deals out there but theyre gone now. Its crazy how big of a process finding a decent glove is. Makes me want to walk into ****s and just buy the best glove I try on regardless of price.

Party mafia

What im saying is i havent broke it in and thats why im unsure if these things will be issues or not. But thanks for the heads up because i was thinking about it. Funny that they enforce that though with the one they sent me feeling like someone else started to break it in. I think I'm just going to send it back.

Easton Mako Pro 12.75"
Adidas eqt 12.75"
Hanley Ramirez 12.75"

Those are the three best I can think of right now. There were other good deals out there but theyre gone now. Its crazy how big of a process finding a decent glove is. Makes me want to walk into ****s and just buy the best glove I try on regardless of price.
I like the a2000 Hanley Ramirez glove out of the three you posted. How much are the Eaton pro and Adidas glove?

Drumbum37

Addicted to Softballfans
Han ram gets my vote, but is more than the others. The Adidas is 99 on clearance. Would be the best bang for the buck imo. Lol as I've stated multiple times.

Party mafia

Han ram gets my vote, but is more than the others. The Adidas is 99 on clearance. Would be the best bang for the buck imo. Lol as I've stated multiple times.
Found the adidas for $99. that wold be the best bang for the buck of the OP.

http://www.baseballexpress.com/catalog/product.jsp?productStyleNumber=AGHX1275&code=I99FNA1ZBAGM1001&cm_mmc=Google_Base-_-Baseball-_-Products Link-_-AGHX1275L&kwid=productads-adid^81165808109-device^c-plaid^18283950120-sku^AGHX1275L@ADL4BBX-adType^PLA

****'s carry the same adidas glove for $ 219 (lol)

http://www.****ssportinggoods.com/p...EBALL-GLOVES&gclid=CKCjtKiYzs4CFYqGfgodLL4Oog

DatDuke

Found the adidas for $99. that wold be the best bang for the buck of the OP.

http://www.baseballexpress.com/catalog/product.jsp?productStyleNumber=AGHX1275&code=I99FNA1ZBAGM1001&cm_mmc=Google_Base-_-Baseball-_-Products Link-_-AGHX1275L&kwid=productads-adid^81165808109-device^c-plaid^18283950120-sku^AGHX1275L@ADL4BBX-adType^PLA

****'s carry the same adidas glove for $ 219 (lol)

http://www.****ssportinggoods.com/p...EBALL-GLOVES&gclid=CKCjtKiYzs4CFYqGfgodLL4Oog

Agreed,, with free shipping, thats a no brainer. Good Suggestion.

Party mafia

I would but, i just drop $120 for my car battery. And the SO would not like it if i get another glove. :)

And I don't see that many reviews on the Adidas glove via google. Anyone know how is the leather on the adidas compares to a rawlings HOH or wilson a 2000?

Thanks

Here is a thread that show real life picture of the glove:

http://forums.softballfans.com/threads/adidas-eqt-12-75-inch-grey-outfield-glove.1412968/

And the white fur hand stale will be a turn off for most, since it will get dirty real quick from the hand sweat.

Last edited:

DatDuke

How are those Adidas EQs??

I think you meant the EQTs
Its hard for me to put a finger on them. They are not like my Nike SHADO J, they are stiffer. and more plastic like.They are both KIP leather, but I think the pattern is very general, and you won't have the option to pick different patterns like a Rawlings or Wilson. I think it has to do with very little R&D and feedback from the Professional to enhance their design, they just pick a very generic pattern and throw in some above avg.leather to mass produce. The Leather Quality is there, but the innovation, attention to details and lace quality are lacking.

I suggest you find a local sporting good store to try one on first (i.e. ****S), or buy it from places with relax return policy. For $99 its worth a gamble. I wont buy them for $200, I would rather pay more and get a Rawlings HoH pattern that you know you will like.

AH.. I know.. I just remember, they are alot like the SPALDING PRO SELECT, but more padding, if it makes any sense.
spalding pro select.jpeg

Last edited:

moren025

Addicted to Softballfans
For a c note, I've been considering that EQT because of the forefinger embroidery color. Trying to remember a review about them running small with tight finger stalls but then again, I come back to the embroidery color. May just buy it as a shelf queen.

Drumbum37

Addicted to Softballfans
For a c note, I've been considering that EQT because of the forefinger embroidery color. Trying to remember a review about them running small with tight finger stalls but then again, I come back to the embroidery color. May just buy it as a shelf queen.
Been awhile since I tried the one on at ****s but this is how I remember it. Quality wise it was right up there with a2000s.

Now these are all the same size gloves, 12.75, but are any of them bigger than the others? I heard the Easton might be kind of narrow. That seems like it would that be the case with all baseball specific gloves. Is the adidas any bigger or in any way more fitting for softball? The description does say that it has a wide pocket..

The Ramirez glove is $150 -10% coupon which puts it at $135.. vs $100 for the adidias. How is it different than the adidas fit and pocket wise?

I want a big fat pocket, stiff fingers, and I want it to fit tight to my hand. The 13" demarini fit very tight to my hand, as did the renegade but I dont want another sausage fingered 6-4-3.

I have the adidas in my cart.. how is baseball express on returns? id rather order from justballgloves if they had right hand thrower in stock.

Last edited:

Party mafia

Now these are all the same size gloves, 12.75, but are any of them bigger than the others? I heard the Easton might be kind of narrow. That seems like it would that be the case with all baseball specific gloves. Is the adidas any bigger or in any way more fitting for softball? The description does say that it has a wide pocket..

The Ramirez glove is $150 -10% coupon which puts it at $135.. vs $100 for the adidias. How is it different than the adidas fit and pocket wise?

I want a big fat pocket, stiff fingers, and I want it to fit tight to my hand. The 13" demarini fit very tight to my hand, as did the renegade but I dont want another sausage fingered 6-4-3.

I have the adidas in my cart.. how is baseball express on returns? id rather order from justballgloves if they had right hand thrower in stock.
I thought the 10% code does not apply to the Hanley Ramirez a2000. How did u get the 10% code for baseball monkey?

Drop by **** sporting goods and try out the adidas eqt glove and see how it feels in your hand.

Party mafia

I already checked ****s, its not in stock anymore. I didnt try the code yet, now I did and youre right. So the hanram is 150. that rules it out, easton or adidas are the last 2.

Easton EMK 12.75 for $55

or

Adidas EQT 12.75 for $100

I ordered both of them. If I get hit for return shipping on the one I dont keep then whatever.
Could you do a quick review once you receive the adidas glove. The rht is oos now.

MaverickAH

The BGW has been closing out the Adidas EQT's for $59.99. I picked up an EQT TX (12.5") to check out & just took receipt.

Initial comments/impressions...........

Solid glove.
At $60 it's a steal.
Leather is tightly grained. Adidas calls it "cowhide" but it looks & feels like kip. Actually, if you closed your eyes & felt the leather, it feels like A2K leather.
Rolled welting.
Glove measures true to size (maybe a little bigger).
Definitely a baseball glove. Long with a narrow pocket.
Web is 5" across the top.
Thumb & pinkie are stiff but not overly so.
Made in Thailand. (Doesn't matter to me. Just putting it out there.)
Padding in the pocket.
Lacing is of acceptable quality.
Glove is not super stiff out of the box. It feels like it would require very little conditioning & could be broken in with none at all if so desired.

Now they were out of the RHT 12.75" which is why I picked up the 12.5" model. Based on pictures, I would extrapolate my comments to the 12.75" model as well.

If you play baseball or have kids playing baseball, pick this up before they're gone. They'd make for great presents under the tree & you wouldn't be shortchanging your kid.

If you're playing softball, I don't think that the pattern would lend itself well to being an optimal outfield glove. Sure, you could use it there but I think that most would feel that it's a bit narrow for the task. That being said, I think that it will make for an excellent infield glove with just enough pocket to make the transfer quick.

Party mafia

The BGW has been closing out the Adidas EQT's for $59.99. I picked up an EQT TX (12.5") to check out & just took receipt.

Initial comments/impressions...........

Solid glove.
At $60 it's a steal.
Leather is tightly grained. Adidas calls it "cowhide" but it looks & feels like kip. Actually, if you closed your eyes & felt the leather, it feels like A2K leather.
Rolled welting.
Glove measures true to size (maybe a little bigger).
Definitely a baseball glove. Long with a narrow pocket.
Web is 5" across the top.
Thumb & pinkie are stiff but not overly so.
Made in Thailand. (Doesn't matter to me. Just putting it out there.)
Padding in the pocket.
Lacing is of acceptable quality.
Glove is not super stiff out of the box. It feels like it would require very little conditioning & could be broken in with none at all if so desired.

Now they were out of the RHT 12.75" which is why I picked up the 12.5" model. Based on pictures, I would extrapolate my comments to the 12.75" model as well.

If you play baseball or have kids playing baseball, pick this up before they're gone. They'd make for great presents under the tree & you wouldn't be shortchanging your kid.

If you're playing softball, I don't think that the pattern would lend itself well to being an optimal outfield glove. Sure, you could use it there but I think that most would feel that it's a bit narrow for the task. That being said, I think that it will make for an excellent infield glove with just enough pocket to make the transfer quick.

thanks for the review on the Adidas EQT 12.5 glove review. Are you using the Adidas EQT as your gamer for softball for the IF? I thought you're gaming your two Vinci that you pick up for the IF. Since you have the Adidas EQT and Vinci in hand, could you take a picture with a softball in the Adidas EQT and your Vinci glove. Also, how big is the hand stale compares to your Vinci? Thanks

is this the Adidas EQT TX glove you got?

http://www.justballgloves.com/produ...e--tx/22052/?gclid=CIDszLG7i88CFQOSfgodn4MOWw

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
thanks for the review on the Adidas EQT 12.5 glove review. Are you using the Adidas EQT as your gamer for softball for the IF? I thought you're gaming your two Vinci that you pick up for the IF. Since you have the Adidas EQT and Vinci in hand, could you take a picture with a softball in the Adidas EQT and your Vinci glove. Also, how big is the hand stale compares to your Vinci? Thanks

is this the Adidas EQT TX glove you got?

http://www.justballgloves.com/produ...e--tx/22052/?gclid=CIDszLG7i88CFQOSfgodn4MOWw

That looks almost exactly like a KP92 pattern!

MaverickAH

Yes, the EQT TX is the glove I got.

I've had the glove for less than 24hrs. It's too soon to tell if it'll make in into the mix next year but I have already decided that I will be breaking it in. Coming back to playing after a 12+ years layoff, I exclusively used a Vinci JC75 (11.85") at SS. I've had the glove since 2002 but because of the layoff, it effectively has only about 2 years of use one it. I love the glove. It has probably the best pocket of any glove I've ever used but it does come up short on overall length when it comes to slow pitch (It was my IF glove for men's fast pitch). Since I was recruited to play literally 2 weeks before the start of the season I didn't have any other option available that I would immediately feel comfortable with. The characteristics you need in an infield glove for windmill are much closer to baseball than they are to slow pitch. Although I did well defensively, the JC65 is really not optimal for slow pitch.

Now I will be the first to admit that coming into a 60+ game season after a long, long layoff with no real preseason prep did not help. My body broke down over the course of the season & I barely made it through. Getting myself properly prepped this winter should drastically cut down on the just misses & increase my range thus alleviating the feeling of the JC65 being too short. It still wouldn't hurt to have a bigger glove to go to.

A quick & dirty comparison of Vinci RCV1225 (12.25") vs. Adidas EQT TX (12.5"):

• Out of the box the Adidas feels about the same as the Vinci after 6 weeks of prep.
  • The Vinci has the better pocket. The Adidas plays longer.
  • Better palm padding on the Vinci.
  • Weight: 21.2oz on the Vinci / 21.5oz on the Adidas
  • Hand opening is smaller on the Adidas. (Can't wear a batting glove with either.) Very narrow heel.
  • At this point, the Vinci feels better on my hand but that's not saying much or a big issue since I just got the Adidas. The patterns are slightly different though. The Vinci a little wider/deeper with the Adidas being a little narrower/longer. What's interesting is that they both measure the same across the top.
  • Thicker thumb & pinkie on the Adidas.
  • Both measure slightly bigger than spec.

What I will say definitively at this point is that the Vinci feels like there was more thought put into its design. It "feels" like a glove designed for the American market. My feeling on the Adidas is reminiscent of my review of the Brett PS125S: A good, solid glove using quality materials at a bargain price but with the generic, cookie cutter feel to it that some made in Asia have to them.

I should also be taking receipt of a 12.5" Vinci PCI125 today which will also be under consideration for next year. This will leave me with a ****load of game ready gloves for next year. I may still add 1 more higher end, cost be damned glove to the mix depending on what type of deal I can get or if I experience a moment of insanity (it's been known to happen!). Shortlist?

Rawlings RV23: Never used a Rawlings in my life!
Wilson SP125: Curiosity might get the better of me!
Vinci Custom Optimus: Another intriguing possibility.

I really need to sell off some of my collection if I want to do this though. It's either that or actually break the glass on some of my collection. I have a NWT Rawlings PRO1000-12P (12.25") that I've been sitting on. It's probably a better option than a RV23 anyway..........