Guilt vs. Guilt 2?

jd10

Came to make a bang
Gents,
haven't had a combat in a while, i was looking for a one piece and hear good things about the guilt. Is there a big difference between the guilt 2 and the OG guilt? Just curious...looks like they're both fairly reasonably priced, but wanted to make sure they didn't change something that made the bat worse or something. Thanks!

jd10

Came to make a bang
awesome, thanks jtrain. figured the second one was basically the same bat. i don't mind the extra few bucks if the guilt 2 was an improvement.

jd10

Came to make a bang
ended up picking up a new in wrapper guilt 2 for $125. curious to hit it and see how it goes...

jd10

Came to make a bang
Gamed my guilt 2 today for the first time after just using it for bp, i tell ya i was very impressed with it. Ball came off the bat hard, sounds great...im digging it! Gonna keep hitting and we'll see if it keeps up!

Dan411

Star Player
I think you'll like it - I just think itll need a little more BP to open it up.

Could you elaborate on the end load between the two? I have last year's in a 27.5, and was thinking about picking up the Guilt 2 in the same weight, unless this year's swings heavier.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
to me the EL felt exactly the same as last years...at least the one I swung did

Both of my 29.5 felt the same. Seemed like the original had a bigger sweetspot but need to give the 2 another round of bp to give it a fair comparison

belly43

Bored without softball
My guilt only lasted 60 swings before it wouldn't pass compression and was cracked 3/4 away around after 120

Krush411

Manager
Both of my 29.5 felt the same. Seemed like the original had a bigger sweetspot but need to give the 2 another round of bp to give it a fair comparison

I'm thinking about ordering the 29.5 oz Guilt 2 because I'm swinging 30 oz. this year. How is the distance compared to the Mikens of the last few years? You hit with it side by side any chance?

Dan411

Star Player
I'm thinking about ordering the 29.5 oz Guilt 2 because I'm swinging 30 oz. this year. How is the distance compared to the Mikens of the last few years? You hit with it side by side any chance?

They they are very close to each other distance wise, just feel the mikens have a slightly larger sweetspot

Got to agree with Bird on the distance. I have the first Guilt. We've hit it in BP alongside some DC's, Legits, and a Freak 30. They are all in the same narrow range of performance. I personally, like the sweet spot location of the Guilt. It's more toward the end of the barrel vs. mid barrel like some Miken and Worth bats.

kratos1981

I've had both Guilts and I personally like the Guilt 2 better. The endload feels the same in both but I feel like I get better distance with the Guilt 2. The first Guilt I felt had a bigger sweet spot but I feel like I get more distance with the 2. The first Guilt didnt have too much webbing on it after one season but my Guilt 2 is incredibly webbed where it looks like broken glass instead of long lines of webbing and thats only after 150 swings from a tee. The second Guilt is using Maxum technology and its doesnt have a PED like a lot of websites claim. Ive been doing BP with my Guilt and RI DC 41 using 44/375 mainly and the Guilt is out hitting the DC but I dont think the DC is broken in yet to be fair. The endload is just a little less in the Guilt compared to the RI DC 41 in case anyone wants a comparison. The first Guilt didnt have the typical Combat crack but i've noticed the Guilt 2 defiantly does have the crack especially with classic M's. Overall I would pick the Guilt 2 if I had to choose.

Dan411

Star Player
I've had both Guilts and I personally like the Guilt 2 better. The endload feels the same in both but I feel like I get better distance with the Guilt 2. The first Guilt I felt had a bigger sweet spot but I feel like I get more distance with the 2. The first Guilt didnt have too much webbing on it after one season but my Guilt 2 is incredibly webbed where it looks like broken glass instead of long lines of webbing and thats only after 150 swings from a tee. The second Guilt is using Maxum technology and its doesnt have a PED like a lot of websites claim. Ive been doing BP with my Guilt and RI DC 41 using 44/375 mainly and the Guilt is out hitting the DC but I dont think the DC is broken in yet to be fair. The endload is just a little less in the Guilt compared to the RI DC 41 in case anyone wants a comparison. The first Guilt didnt have the typical Combat crack but i've noticed the Guilt 2 defiantly does have the crack especially with classic M's. Overall I would pick the Guilt 2 if I had to choose.

I think you've said some good things here. One thing I would like to point out is your comment about the webbing. The Guilt 2 has a glossier/clear coat vs. matte finish like the first Guilt. The glossy/clear coat finish will always have a more easily visible webbing. A lot of Demarini fans where flipping out this last year, thinking their bats where getting hot fast, but much of that early webbing was just a difference in top coat.