Hand stall question

pears

Addicted to Softballfans
Reason for the question is that I am looking to buy a smaller glove. My son is playing baseball and I would like a glove for myself that is more suitable for the ball size. My current glove works just fine, but swallows a baseball.

Thinking I want to go with a 11 3/4 to 12" glove, so Im wondering what smaller glove has a hand stall size similar to my 12 3/4". Or is everything about the same? I am not at all a glove guru, so I figured I would ask here. Thank you anyone/everyone for your advise and info.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
A couple answers will help. What size batting glove do you wear? Do you close your current glove more thumb to pinkie or more thumb to middle finger? Do you wear your glove traditional or TIP (Two in Pinkie -- pinkie and ring finger in pinkie stall).

pears

Addicted to Softballfans
A couple answers will help. What size batting glove do you wear? Do you close your current glove more thumb to pinkie or more thumb to middle finger? Do you wear your glove traditional or TIP (Two in Pinkie -- pinkie and ring finger in pinkie stall).

Yeah that info would help. I posted this quick before my games.

I wear xl batting gloves, close thumb to pinkie and I wear my glove TIP.

pears

Addicted to Softballfans
I would like to stay with Rawlings also if that would narrow down choices.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Pro205FS Honestly, I have not had one of these in my hands to tell the difference, but Rawlings claims the 205 and the 303 are two patterns that have been designed specially for TIP. Others will certainly chime in that any Pro200 (204, 205, 206, 207) will work TIP, but I'd check out a Pro205FS. Might have trouble finding one outside a custom.

Here is what Rawlings says.

And of Rawlings 11.5-12.25" gloves, I think the Pro200 is the choice for thumb to pinkie.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
6899B75F-2BCA-4FD2-A825-32D37C81DFC1.jpeg My first thought was the Horween NP5PRO I saw last week at the Myrtle Beach outlet because of the generous hand stall sizes of the NP series. That’s until the OP said he wears his gloves TIP. I agree with Rous, the Pro200 series work better using TIP. A Pro205 or 206 would fit the bill nicely, BUT I still wouldn’t completely rule out that NP5 at the outlet, it would still work, and for the quality and price, it’s a great choice!

The NP5 does have the index finger pad though, and they like to NOT close thumb to pinky as easily as a 205/206 because of the heel.

Edit: Thought about this a little more, maybe not the best choice for the OP's needs......but still a great deal:rolleyes:

Last edited:

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Okay, how about this 204W, stamped 11.5" but a very generous sized glove for baseball with a big hand stall, plus it looks BA!!B1FEEB45-C119-4B8E-B6EA-1225FDE99810.jpeg

pears

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks guys for the info and those pics, certainly gives me a direction of what I will look for. I would be willing to wear a glove the "traditional" way using all finger slots also, no biggie. TIP for me is way more comfortable though for gaming. I will add that Rawlings is my first choice, but I am not against looking at other brands if their patterns fit my needs better. Again guys, thank you for your help.

Last edited:

NYC

Swag on 100.
Thanks guys for the info and those pics, certainly gives me a direction of what I will look for. I would be willing to wear a glove the "traditional" way using all finger slots also, no biggie. TIP for me is way more comfortable though for gaming. I will add that Rawlings is my first choice, but I am not against looking at other brands if their patterns fit my needs better. Again guys, thank you for your help.
If you wear xl batting gloves I would recommend a 12.25" glove. Check out the Rawlings PRORV23, Rawlings PRO207, or Wilson 1781. The Wilson will be the hardest to find, might have to go custom with that one but you can get a nice discount through Chad. The rv23 and 1781 should have the larger hand stalls.

jtdiamond

In the negative, I would avoid a Wilson DW5/1787/1721. All have hand stalls which will likely be too small to your liking.

I'll add a other vote for the Rawlings 205/6/7 crowd. You can also check out a 12" PRO1000 (which is basically a 206).