Have you ever cursed at a player during a game?

halter91

Iam91
The other night i had a game and the pitcher didn't want to use the ball I threw out to him, he rolls it back. I grabbed the other ball i had, threw that to him? He rolled that ball back, said it had a cut, it didn't. I said that the F are you doing? I'm going to throw you out. Threw a ball back out, he threw it against the fence(underhand) and I tossed him. I know I lost my cool, can't do that. Just curious to see what situations anybody else has been in? Any repercussions?

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
Rarely. Had a player accidentally hit me in the head with the bat, sending me to the ground. I was trying to sit up, but he had his hand on me, holding me down.

I told him “get your damn hand off me.” I was pissed.

But there’s no way I’m going to drop an F bomb on the field. That’s unprofessional.

eddieq

The Great and Powerful Q
This at Sulley's field? Just par for the course there :)

But, as much as you want to, don't. You were right to toss him, either way.

eddieq

The Great and Powerful Q
I've never understood why USSSA thinks this is good for the game. If you want to dance around like an organ grinder's monkey, be my guest, just do it off the field.

dunkky

How do you guys play this garbage:

i think he is begging to be a target? i am still waiting on someone to do an acrobatic 360 flip overhead and pitch a screw ball while in the air and havey to hit a 100mph lazer right at him and him catching the ball while still in the air. a finest softball it can be in a major level.

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
how the hack that can happen? did he throw the bat or what? that is way too close, a bat smashing a head is fatal.

It was a mat ball game. Pitch hit the mat and turned it crooked. I called "time," batter acknowledged it and stepped out. I leaned down to put the mat back when the batter decided to bring his bat back to take a practice swing. Hit me square on that little metal piece at the center of my cap. Split my head open.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
I leaned down to put the mat back when the batter decided to bring his bat back to take a practice swing. Hit me square on that little metal piece at the center of my cap. Split my head open.

We call that little metal button the cap's "Smartie". That would've been deserving of an old-school beatdown.

blakcherry329

Rarely. Had a player accidentally hit me in the head with the bat, sending me to the ground. I was trying to sit up, but he had his hand on me, holding me down.

I told him “get your damn hand off me.” I was pissed.

But there’s no way I’m going to drop an F bomb on the field. That’s unprofessional.
I think in this instance a "Dafuq are you doing? Do it again and You're outta here!" is warranted. The pitcher was being a ****.

MaverickAH

Cursed at a player? No...….

Used an expletive for effect or to get a point across? Absolutely!

I do make a concerted effort not to make it a public display. I have on occasion, when warranted, walked over to a player or coach to calmly & quietly tell the to cut out whatever BS they're doing. Less embarrassing for them & let's them know that I'm serious. You're much less likely to get a negative response when you do it that way as well. I know that there's rarely a game that a curse word doesn't float to the top of my mind! :p Players often do dumb **** & when I do verbalize it, it's often to the catcher in the form of, "What the f is he doing/thinking?" o_O, in reference to another player.

Iceman6409

I have learned to try my best not to argue with players unless you have to. Generally speaking if its a judgement call then their opinion is null and void. I let them do whatever they do within reason. At that point if you get into it with the player everyone loses. But there are plenty of times you have to get involved as well. I have been using a tactic for a few years where if a player is constantly yapping I stop the game and I find their coach/manager/captain and I talk to them, calmly. My thought is there is a good chance I don't know this player personally, or maybe I do. But in my world I feel if you are the captain/manager/coach, whatever then you know these people way better than I do. I ask that person to take some time and talk to his player to calm him down. Then I let that captain know that if it happens again then I will be looking to him to do something to get involved with his player to calm it down. If he does do something then that buys him time. If he doesn't I make sure he understands that when I throw that player out then I will also throw out the captain for not doing his job, It does work quite a bit, Two players ejected usually mean a forfeit. They get that really fast. In the case of the original poster here I have no issue with what he did.

r8dr_rider

Anyways I seen a blue yell at another manager when the three of us were discussing a call. The other manager was walking away and the blue yelled “don’t walk away I ain’t done with you” at that point I laughed and turned my back to that clown. This ain’t little league.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans

Mooch can be a little extreme, I think he was also playing it up for the camera a little bit. I would be willing to bet that most if not all of them were on 0-1 counts where a few of the pitchers will try goofy stuff because they aren't going to throw a strike there on purpose.

RNRPLZ

You made several mistakes. First you don’t warn a player by saying ....”I’m going to throw you out”. If a situation is that bad you speak to the coach first not directly at the player. Take the path of least resistance. The F bomb. You should not be calling any F ing games if that’s your standard demeanor.

tonys1

[GALLERY=media, 33365]Wth by tonys1 posted Sep 26, 2019 at 12:54 PM[/GALLERY]

Country469

There's a simple way to stop that?

Is that not lose to the dude who has an A and AA worlds ring on the hump

****ing clowns