Heavy Bats?

Superstar555

Addicted to Softballfans
Looking to play around with a heavy (30oz+) ASA new-stamp bat.

Any suggestions on a hot+heavy ASA stick? Seems most of the performance bats I see being used stop at 28-29oz.

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
I use a 30 oz Miken Freak52 Max Load and love it and it has great performance. They also have a balanced one now but haven't tried it yet.

SammyJaxxx

Starting Player
Is this the point in thread where I should chime in with
"Back in the day, I used to swing a 36 oz Easton. I wish they still made heavy bats like that." ?

zuke 37

Star Player
Heavy bats feel great, the bat dose all of the work,

Balanced heavy, you can put the ball where you want.

End load heavy, the bat will have a tendency to swing you.

Like when Bugs Bunny went bowling and the pins stopped the ball.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Some top of the line 30oz ASA options.
Freak Black
Juggernaut
True One
Legit

Having said that, I wouldn't mess with it, 30oz bats are going the way of the dodo. Just get used to swinging a 28oz & keep your options open.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
Some top of the line 30oz ASA options.
Freak Black
Juggernaut
True One
Legit

Having said that, I wouldn't mess with it, 30oz bats are going the way of the dodo. Just get used to swinging a 28oz & keep your options open.

I've heard tales of a USA aftermath in a 30 as well.:biggthumpup:

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
I've heard tales of a USA aftermath in a 30 as well.:biggthumpup:

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh I'd like to give that a whirl. Just started playing in an ASA league again that uses 52's, only 2 more weeks left in the last season before next year though. Still miss my 28oz BBAM for those balls, real forgiving on miss hits.

Bubbadw

Addicted to Softballfans
I've always liked the heavy bats too. Since my 30oz Juice died I've been swinging the 30 oz. OG100h and it is as heavy as anything i've swung for a number of years. If the right offer came i might be willing to part with the second one i have the is sitting NIW in my closet. I think i'm getting to old to crack many more bats so my gamer should last a long time. PM me if interested.

RC#13

Part Time Player
I've always liked the heavy bats too. Since my 30oz Juice died I've been swinging the 30 oz. OG100h and it is as heavy as anything i've swung for a number of years. If the right offer came i might be willing to part with the second one i have the is sitting NIW in my closet. I think i'm getting to old to crack many more bats so my gamer should last a long time. PM me if interested.

Gotta love this post!!!! Haha. YIKES!!!!

IN 5....4....3.....2......1......