Helmer Flex

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
I just got really effin tired of telescoping Freak 12s, repairing red DC knobs and failed comp for $300 bats. Used to game them for the performance even though they felt cheap to my hands. Found something that with some work into it, hits just as well, just as hard, just as fast but 1500+ hits later on it doesn't have any issues and still passes. And I haven't had to buy Marine Epoxy for any arts and crafts project or resort to the NR return bat within 3 months.

Lately my friend's Watermelon under 400 hits has a nasty rattle when hitting the ground after someone hits and runs. WTF this was a $300 bat, barely made it to 400 and sound like it will telescope soon. It's a lady owner, and she doesn't BP. Unacceptable for what she paid IMO.

So much for "Made in USA".....

Also not saying it's better than your preferences, but I've personally moved on to a comparable product that has lasted for me.

To each their own man.

If you gave me a sponsorship deal to keep peeling bats out of wrapper, well yeah, then maybe i'd feel differently. But my wallet says otherwise.

I got nothing but love for you and your input and reviews Madbeers. heck, you sold me on the White DC red knob bat in the first place LOL. It was a game change in its time.

I hear ya man. I'm not saying buy a Miken and hit the **** outta it. When I get a new Miken/Worth, I literally with put 40-60 cuts on it against .52's. Once that ping is gone. It goes in the bag and only gets used in tourneys where the temp is north of 55 degrees. I had a very active tourney schedule last year and only went thru 2 gamers. 1 started failing in August. Other is still passing.

I still BP, cold weather and team bat Eastons. Again, nothing compares to the feel of an Easton. Durability is still king with them. They are a better made product. I definitely believe that. But, when it comes to exit speed.... Miken and Worth have that on lock.

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
I will fully agree that the new Worths and Mikens are poorly made and not worth what they cost. I have literally 20 Easton gamers and 1 DC41 that I keep around for situations when I want the ball to go out of sight. The DC has less than 50 swings on it and already hits laps around all the Eastons. I will never BP it or use it in cold weather though.

If you want a Miken to last you have to baby the hell out of it and not toss it around the field. They scratch very easily and the paint starts chipping. You also can't use them cold weather.

This guy gets it 100%.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Yeah, I used to do much of the same with my DCs and Freak 12's.

That's absolutely how you have to preserve them.

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
FYI all bats are Chinese in origin. They are assembled here in the USA that's why they are allowed to say "Made in the USA". Materials cost for a composite bat can't be more than $30.

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
Shoe you have a 2017 Nighthawk on the way? Im hoping to swing one this coming week.

hanseej

Addicted to Softballfans
Shoe do you have any short barreled Eastons you are looking to move? I have a the 2 piece psycho Black/white/green one in a 26oz. I am looking to try to get my hands on a 26oz SBE or 26.5 OG LV1. I regret selling those two.
Shoot me a PM, have an LV1 I'd move.

jasonhud

Addicted to Softballfans
Patriot, ASA and USSSA Reckoning. For a bill NIW you don't get better performance. Period. Glad I have mine. Glad to see Easton back in the game.

Ballisttic

Star Player
FYI all bats are Chinese in origin. They are assembled here in the USA that's why they are allowed to say "Made in the USA". Materials cost for a composite bat can't be more than $30.

I watched a show (how its made) and it was about miken bats they made everything here in the USA.

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
Take off the grip off any new two piece Miken or Worth. Nothing but Chinese symbols. Maybe...maybe the barrel is made here which is why they can put made in the USA on that but handles def not from here. Chances are the small stuff being knob, endcap, and grip are made out of the country and shipped here. Prob all just assembled here.

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
Its cause it was made in Chinatown, USA...

Take off the grip off any new two piece Miken or Worth. Nothing but Chinese symbols. Maybe...maybe the barrel is made here which is why they can put made in the USA on that but handles def not from here. Chances are the small stuff being knob, endcap, and grip are made out of the country and shipped here. Prob all just assembled here.

stw32

I got a flex 2 Weekes ago probably have 200 swings on it It's opening up
I still choose my 2013 l1 over it but that one has alot more swings
Only time will tell