Help - 14" Trapper Options?

THESHOE

Starting Player
My beloved 14" is now getting quite floppy, season or two left tops maybe. Need to start wearing a backup and breaking it in at BPs etc...

Would like to start seriously researching and breaking in the replacement so that it's ready when the current gamer is finally too soft.

What's out there on the market these days in good leather but 13.5" to 14" size in a first base mitt?

Beyond Miken Koalition what else is out there?

Will any brands do a simply custom 14" in a black or tan colour? Like Vinci or something?

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
I have relaced a few Vinci JBV-SBs, they are similar to the Rawlings DCT pattern (a softball favorite) and, like the DCT, measure in at 12.5". Almost all gloves and mitts measure smaller than listed, but the Vinci mitts are more off than most (I just finished relacing a 13" that measured 11.5"). You should measure your current mitt to see what it really measures (see below to measure). The Wilson A2000-1883 actually measures big, a rarity among mitts.

The Nokona SBM-100 measures just under 14", but I have one and they take forever to break in. It plays even longer as it is not as deep as most modern mitts. Although technically discontinued, I see them on the bay pretty regularly.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Thank you for this Nokona recommendation.

Managed to find one here with a local board bro in Toronto.

Feels great so far. Definitely around the same size as my beloved DR. Just a little more padded and firm which is what I wanted. Hope the web gets deeper now.

Drumbum37

Addicted to Softballfans
You could replace the insides of the glove (felt and plastic thumb/pinky) and relace it too!