Help me decide!!!!!

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
So last week I had all of my softball stuff stolen... INS paid for everything but now I have some decisions to make. I have only hit one of the ASA only Demarini's (FU Dawg) and not enough to give it a fair judgement. I need to order an ASA bat, and I am buying into the hype of the J3A but I keep hearing about the 28's being duds and I prefer 28oz. I would be willin to give the AM a try but I hit a lot of .44/375 Dudley thunder heats and don't want to be blowing a bat up in 50 swings. Does the fu Dawg ever get close performance wise to the J3 or the AM? I really prefer the stiffer feel but it's hard to not go with what everyone is saying... Just need a little help guys.

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
I had a 27oz AM that I just sold this morning with 350-400 hits with 99% of them being .44/375's...... Never swung a J3a, but loving the AM's.....

figuringitout

Addicted to Softballfans
have both the AM & J3 in 27 oz. I used to swing all 28oz a few years ago. I LOVE the performance of the J3, best ASA bat i have had and i have had many bats. With the harder balls, the J3 feels like cheating. It is game ready out of the wrapper, one short BP session to get used to it and that all she needs. Mine has a small paint crack but is still solid and amazing. My AM just turned, it as log like for 75 swings then sound changed and it is performing very well. It feels nice through the zone than the J3 but is behind the J3 by 15-25 feet on average. If i had to buy and use only one, i would get the J3. Neither has a substancial endload, which i am glad about. But the 27oz J3 swings a little heavy. change out the grip and add a knob cuff and i bet i am over the sticker weight too. but after all of the typing i am going to kill it with .... either way you cant go wrong, both great bats :rolleyes:

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
I really like the One line that demarini has been putting out over the years.. The two pice design with a one piece feel... I really want to give the Fu a try if it gets as silly as the J3a or the AM

Eeyore

Addicted to Softballfans
Well... I had a 27 and 28 J3, the 28 turned into my gamer, and i sold the 27. Now the AM has caught up and will soon takeover as my gamer, as I am more consistent with it. Food for thought. The 27 was too light for me.

LinebackerU

Caught in a mosh
So last week I had all of my softball stuff stolen... INS paid for everything but now I have some decisions to make. I have only hit one of the ASA only Demarini's (FU Dawg) and not enough to give it a fair judgement. I need to order an ASA bat, and I am buying into the hype of the J3A but I keep hearing about the 28's being duds and I prefer 28oz. I would be willin to give the AM a try but I hit a lot of .44/375 Dudley thunder heats and don't want to be blowing a bat up in 50 swings. Does the fu Dawg ever get close performance wise to the J3 or the AM? I really prefer the stiffer feel but it's hard to not go with what everyone is saying... Just need a little help guys.

Our Fu-Dawg is insane with those balls. I hit it much better than the J3 and its just as nasty once broken in.

Thunder_Stick

Addicted to Softballfans
I've owned and swung every "hot" ASA bat. I was a hardcore Easton fan and still am with utrip...but nothing...nothing touches the J3A IMHO! I have recently sold all my ASA bats and picked up more J3As. Hitting the .52/300s is just cheating, and when it makes contact with the .44/375 watch out, cause it's a rocket!

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
If you get paranoid with ur bats stick with the Fu dawg
Paranoid with bats???????.... Isn't that's what a recipt is for?
Our Fu-Dawg is insane with those balls. I hit it much better than the J3 and its just as nasty once broken in.
Well I really like the One line, not a huge fan of handle flex. I just hear everyone hyping these j3a's like they are Miken ultra's and its got me intrigued.

Thunder_Stick

Addicted to Softballfans
Well I really like the One line, not a huge fan of handle flex. I just hear everyone hyping these j3a's like they are Miken ultra's and its got me intrigued.

From what I've experienced with the new Demarini J3A is instant satisfaction! For me it was like having a 2000 hit SCN3 right out of the wrapper, and every hit has gotten better, hence why I've sold all my other ASA bats. The J3A delivers instant heart-stopping, pantie-dropping moon shots that would have the Gods wanting your autographed ball!

Jroby9

The Kid
The J3A delivers instant heart-stopping, pantie-dropping moon shots that would have the Gods wanting your autographed ball!

Pics or it didn't happen...

Last edited:

Matt1336

Addicted to Softballfans
I've owned and swung every "hot" ASA bat. I was a hardcore Easton fan and still am with utrip...but nothing...nothing touches the J3A IMHO! I have recently sold all my ASA bats and picked up more J3As. Hitting the .52/300s is just cheating, and when it makes contact with the .44/375 watch out, cause it's a rocket!

Have you swung a broken in am? For me the am is a better bat. Stiff handle, soft barrel- perfect for my swing.

LinebackerU

Caught in a mosh
Paranoid with bats???????.... Isn't that's what a recipt is for?

I had the ever popular J3a in 27oz and it was a great bat, but no better than my Mercy or our broken in Fu Dawg and I was far more consistent with the Mercy and Fu. You can't go wrong with any of them, just a matter of what fits your swing best.

I was also really liking the AM before I had to sell my due to transmission going in car. You may want to look at that as well.