help on SbGV

JonShaff

John 3:16
I can't tell if I got an OG or ri. The frame is the same as my oggv. Looked under grip and nothing...what's up?

JonShaff

Cool...its identical to my OG gear virus, black and white...and it has an 11'' barrel...so it can't possibly have a 12.5...right?

JonShaff

After racking my brain to find info...ill just assume I have an OG..NIW...priced at $329 BTW...and I laid it flat on the ground and its 11'' of barrel and then taper begins....so yea....

JonShaff

2012-06-07_15-09-53_451-1.jpg

JonShaff

Isn't it! Lol

Might become a coed hero with it tonight...my oggv is ridiculous tho..

Wish I was home to line the two up...identical frames.

Does the ogsb have the pm virus frame or oggv?

Robby123

From your measurements its an OG. RI has the 13.5" barrel like the BBGV with the same insert in the barrel as the OG.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
Isn't it! Lol

Might become a coed hero with it tonight...my oggv is ridiculous tho..

Wish I was home to line the two up...identical frames.

Does the ogsb have the pm virus frame or oggv?

if it had the PM frame I would buy every one from everyone...............oh wait

bat monger

Combat Advisory staff
Scott Brown and Bryson Baker Models (OG SBGV & SBGV RI & BBGV): Original Scott Browns had a 10” barrel and had a manufactures date of 2007. They are very rare. Bryson Baker had a signature bat but left combat shortly after it was produced leaving combat with a large stock of them that they weren’t going to sell with his name on it. They repainted them and shortened the barrel to 12.5” and called them are SBGV. These have a manufacturers date of early (Jan.) 2008. They made a second run of SBGV. These had a later 2008 manufactuers date. These are the true Reissues.

This is the reason that there is a fuss about this bat. If it's the true OG Scott brown, then there are people willing to let you have an hour with their wife behind closed doors for this bat. If it's an sbgv, then there really isn't much of a market for it. I've had many of these bats and I've never actually had an OG Scott Brown with a manufacturers date of 2007. There were truely only a limited amount of these bats made.

Ultima95

South TX DLAS
**** me, I still really want one of these. I have bought several that were "supposed" to be OG, but turned out to be RI with early 2008 dates.