heres your 2013 Vikings

hedge

life takes guts
heres to another 3-13 season lead by the heartless wonder.

adrian-peterson-mughost-smiles__oPt.jpg

freak98guy

Place Clever Title Here
They will be ****ing terrible even if AP is at 100%, which he won't be. Usually I hang on to hope for at least 5-6 weeks into the season... Not this year. I'm a Denver fan for the year! Go Peyton!

freak98guy

Place Clever Title Here
It was a joke but yeah I'll probably watch more Denver than MN. Not gonna be fun when they're out of playoff contention after 8 weeks.

SMAC

mmmmmm...beeeer
Injuries to the OL and secondary decimated the team. They were lucky to win 3. This year the OL and secondary will be vastly improved, though I have no idea how many more wins that will translate to. As far as wins and losses are concerned the schedule outside the division is weak. I'm thinking closer to 6-10 vs. 5-11. A lot of it will depend on Ponder, if he sucks they could be back at 3-13, if he develops ahead of schedule the Vikings could be around .500.

Personally, I think the unknown factor makes for a bit more of an exciting season. I think it will be a roller coaster. Expect a big win or two when the Vikings are dogs by a touchdown or more.

freak98guy

Place Clever Title Here
So, if they are lucky (and they are historically not), they will be 8-8. Out of playoffs. Ponder is not the answer. He's not terrible but they can find a better long term QB. They will try to have AP carry the team for another 2-3 years and then he'll be burnt out and need to retire or be a shell of what he once was. They need a complete overhaul. Hang on to a few key players but anyone with a big contract should be traded away for picks like yesterday! They're gonna be so bad that even though I'm a huge fan, I'd shop AP as well. Kinda wish they wouldn't have given him that big contract now. Who gives a **** if he gets you 6 or 7 wins. Now, instead of a top draft pick, you're middle of the round again. **** it, throw the year and have some draft picks to rebuild. They have zero chance of competing in this division for years to come. GB, Chicago and the Detroit are improving and are far and away better football teams. MN is going the other way.

niteshadow

Addicted to Softballfans
AP will be a shell of himself in two or three years anyway. Just how running backs go. I think the fact that we're not supposed to win games this season will make it easier to watch when they play bad, and tons of fun to watch when they play well.

SMAC

mmmmmm...beeeer
So, if they are lucky (and they are historically not), they will be 8-8. Out of playoffs. Ponder is not the answer. He's not terrible but they can find a better long term QB. They will try to have AP carry the team for another 2-3 years and then he'll be burnt out and need to retire or be a shell of what he once was. They need a complete overhaul. Hang on to a few key players but anyone with a big contract should be traded away for picks like yesterday! They're gonna be so bad that even though I'm a huge fan, I'd shop AP as well. Kinda wish they wouldn't have given him that big contract now. Who gives a **** if he gets you 6 or 7 wins. Now, instead of a top draft pick, you're middle of the round again. **** it, throw the year and have some draft picks to rebuild. They have zero chance of competing in this division for years to come. GB, Chicago and the Detroit are improving and are far and away better football teams. MN is going the other way.

The division is very tough. I'm not sold on Ponder, but I'm not going to throw up the white flag yet. Outside of QB, the Vikings have literally improved at every phase of the game. That could be terrible to bad, or bad to mediocre, maybe better, we will have to see. If Cook stays out of trouble and these other kids can play in the secondary, the Vikings still have a very good pass rush and solid run D. They could turn it around quickly defensively or at least before Allen declines too much due to age.

hedge

life takes guts
Injuries to the OL and secondary decimated the team. They were lucky to win 3. This year the OL and secondary will be vastly improved, though I have no idea how many more wins that will translate to. As far as wins and losses are concerned the schedule outside the division is weak. I'm thinking closer to 6-10 vs. 5-11. A lot of it will depend on Ponder, if he sucks they could be back at 3-13, if he develops ahead of schedule the Vikings could be around .500.

Personally, I think the unknown factor makes for a bit more of an exciting season. I think it will be a roller coaster. Expect a big win or two when the Vikings are dogs by a touchdown or more.

they actually should have went 6-10 last year, but yeah, i feel ya.

juice64011

Addicted to Softballfans
They will win 6-8 games if AP can come back close to what he was last year and Ponder plays average.

They should beat the Jags, Colts, Skins, Cards, Bucs, Seahawks, and Rams. Plus they should take one from the Bears and Lions so if they win a majority of the games that they should win then it would be 6-8 wins.

niteshadow

Addicted to Softballfans
They will win 6-8 games if AP can come back close to what he was last year and Ponder plays average.

They should beat the Jags, Colts, Skins, Cards, Bucs, Seahawks, and Rams. Plus they should take one from the Bears and Lions so if they win a majority of the games that they should win then it would be 6-8 wins.

Taking one from bears or lions sounds extremely optimistic to me. I dont see us being anywhere near where they are. I see the bucs having a decent year and Seattle with Flynn might be ok as well.

Marshenko

Jags - tossup
Colts - nah
Skins - nah
Cards - nah
Bucs - Nah
Seahawks - nah
Rams - tossup

Hah. 8 wins. Foreman of the LOLfactory here.