HOH or Pro preffered

Jomatty

Starting Player
I see a lot of guys with HOH customs and am wondering if it is a price issue or if you prefer the leather. I have a love both but there is something about the HOH leather that brings me back to when I was in high school and I really enjoy.

Which do you prefer?

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
I appreciate both. But if someone where to point a gun at my head, I would say give me a mocha Pro Preferred with split welting.

David the Gnome

The Veteran
I think a lot of it has to do with how limited you are when you go with the Pro Preferred leather on the customs. You only get a handful of colors to choose from versus the plethora of options you have with a HOH.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Before they let you buy a PP, you have to take a spelling test to show you can spell Preferred. :D

But I am going to agree with Bunt. I can't stand rolled welting (IDK why, I just don't like it), and on that alone, I'd get a HOH.

I did see a PP with split welting, but I think it was a pro shop glove.

Tomasik14

The Veteran
Before they let you buy a PP, you have to take a spelling test to show you can spell Preferred. :D

But I am going to agree with Bunt. I can't stand rolled welting (IDK why, I just don't like it), and on that alone, I'd get a HOH.

I did see a PP with split welting, but I think it was a pro shop glove.

:bigok::bigok:

Tomasik14

The Veteran
To my understanding I have an older custom PP and it has rolled welting. I don't think any retail PP ever had split.

SoxFan81

Addicted to Softballfans
For me I did my custom with HOH leather solely based on personal preference, PP/HOH each have a different feel to them when catching/fielding. Both are outstanding though, I've owned a number of each.

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
Recently made this decision. Had an HOH PRO303-6JBT and a PP PROS303-6BR.

Sold the PP, kept the HOH.

Slim135

Extra Hitter
My opinion may be slightly different because Im a first baseman. But I own a first base mitt of each HOH and PP. And to me, the PP just feels more secure. Not to mention the actual look of the leather and the Pittard's palm pad (Not sure if thats available on HOH). I'd really go PP all day.

MNCFer

Mr. Glass
Another vote for pro preferred. Lighter, more comfortable in my experience...but I do agree on the split welding looks better, good thing my PP has it.

Mason4208

I like both. I do prefer the pittards lining on the newer pp's but hoh is just classic. But I like rolled welt like A2K's, clean smooth look. But I also love my made in USA HOH's