Home runs hit more often?

Resin Glazed

The Veteran
This was my first season playing USSSA and I have just been launching almost 1-2 home runs a game. I come from playing ASA for the last 2-3 years and haven't really hit too many in that league, always been more of a line drive hitter.

Does anyone else seem to notice this or have I just discovered my retard strength?

This is not a brag post :wall:

Resin Glazed

The Veteran
It seems like they are the same comp/cor as ASA though, we used SB12 .44/375's in ASA and the Utrip .44/375's. The ball does feel harder though.

Resin Glazed

The Veteran
6a00e54ef2e21b88330168e8fcb6e3970c.jpg

Darracq

It seems like they are the same comp/cor as ASA though, we used SB12 .44/375's in ASA and the Utrip .44/375's. The ball does feel harder though.

Never hit a sb 12 but from what i have read they are pretty bad, a 44 375 utrip ball will go a LONG ways.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
If it's 44-375 it's not a legal USSSA ball. The only two legal balls are the Classic M which is a 40-325 or the Classic + which is 52-375

Chubby_43

Probably because your swing fits USSSA better.. With your line drive swing your probably catching the ball just right...

Last edited:

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
I have seen white .44 375 USSSA balls before. Not for a long time though. Probably 2004ish.

I still have a few around. Diamond Flyers.

Let me rephrase, there are no currently legal USSSA balls that are .44/375. Anything you have that has a USSSA stamp and is .44/375 is quite old.

ju25

Addicted to Softballfans
Your hitting far superior balls , with better bats. I have hit HR's on occasion with ASA bats and a 44/375 poly core ball, but have never come close with same bats and the SB-12 ball(cork center). Would love to be hitting a 44/375 in USSSA, we use 40/325 classic M's. Classic + are 52/275.

JGorms41

Addicted to Softballfans
Never hit a sb 12 but from what i have read they are pretty bad, a 44 375 utrip ball will go a LONG ways.

Sb12's blow. It's all we use in north jersey. Every league uses them and Asa is prettying all we have. And since noone gets the leather covers anymore either the synthetic cover is even worse.

They turn into socks after an inning.