Hot Dots 52/300 composites?

greg1292

Coed bomb dropper........
Why are these being hit farther than the ZN and Evils? Seems
to be a better ball to use with the Demarini and Z3000. Anyone else
notice this?

onthepond11

The Rookie
Someone asks a question for more than one person's opinion. Joker trolls and with a smartass comment. Apparently people aren't allowed to make a thread anymore.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Imo i also think hotdot seems to fly little better with all bats not only d's,lvs they dont last tho cover seems to rip easy.. can't really complain about the zn either as they were flying pretty well last night.

greg1292

Imo i also think hotdot seems to fly little better with all bats not only d's,lvs they dont last tho cover seems to rip easy.. can't really complain about the zn either as they were flying pretty well last night.

It seems the hot dots don't parachute like some of the other balls.

Joker

who was being negative? seems like someone is projecting their own issues onto me

saintsplaya

Addicted to Softballfans
I've noticed the hot dots fly much better than any other 52 ball I've seen. We hit the dudley hycon zn and the hot dots fly much further from what I've seen.

greg1292

I've noticed the hot dots fly much better than any other 52 ball I've seen. We hit the dudley hycon zn and the hot dots fly much further from what I've seen.

Our home runs have doubled since switching seems like the ball to have right now.

greg1292

AHDCY. Heard good things about tatoo balls if they don't parachute
then it would be a good choice as well. But the Zn's are not as good as the
Hotdots

tscs000

notice this?

This is the 3rd season that we've been using the hot dots. Plenty of Z's in our league now and tons of Demarini's. Was skeptical when we made the switch, but the hot dots are a very good ball and are less affected by the heat.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
HotDots are one of my least favorite balls to hit. I prefer the AD Starr or HyCons. The HyCons seem to fly very well. That is what our league switched to this year. I just never have seen great results with HotDots, personally. My buddies typically swing Z's or Demarini's as well.

greg1292

Funny we hit all but the tattoo and prefer the hotdot as a team
Z3000,aftermath,dc41,triad,worth legit,miken 4the fallen, j3a
and hotdot goes farther and no parachuting than the Zn's or evils.
Can't answer for the tatoo have not hit them. Point has been made
good ball as to each is own.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Any 52 will hold up better in the heat, top brands are still best the advantage is diminished. Joker was exactly correct in his post and being helpful, stop getting premature butthurt.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
notice this?

I skipped all the nonesence.
I don't know why. I my limited exposure to the 52 balls, the HOT DOTs were good for a few swings, then not much.
Badens are horrible after a few swings.
ZN seemed to stand up to the heat and hit fine.
Evil carried well also.
huh
Guess I have used more than I thought
All in all, the batters contact matters.

greg1292

Lol hit hot dots with over 100 swings in them
And are more consistent then new Zn's my
butt is just fine talk about them being junk is
nonsense.

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
I'd rather hit Xrocks, Evils, and Tattoos before them, but Hot Dots go just fine. I also actually like the AD Starr Spirit, but have only ever used ones that were NIW at the start of the game so it's hardly a fair comparison. The only .52cor I've hit that I think is WORTHLESS is the Diamond Zulu.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
LOL, they had to give the ball a named attribute to account for their crappy contact and/or lack of bat speed, perfect.

SftballFever

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm glad someone has noticed this as well. We have used the Hot Dots Pro Comps for the past three seasons and they fly. This season we ran out and I tried to get more, but they only make the Hot Dots Syco, so I gave them a try. They seem to be as good, but I don't like the cover on them, but they do fly. We have tried; Hot Dots, Dudley ZN, Tattoo's and Evils. All are good balls, but the Hot Dots seem to get more distance. Dudley seems to last longer in BP balls and Tattoo are pretty good to start with, but by the third inning, seems to lose some pep. Evils are good too, but nothing compares to the Hot Dots.

I think people are finding them out, because most places are sold out of them now.

single wally

Professional Amateur
What makes the biggest difference in 52s are the covers. I've found that composite covered 52s fly very well and there's a noticeable performance decline with synthetic covered 52s, maybe because the synthetic covers are thicker. I haven't hit with leather covered 52s but imagine they are closer to composite covered balls in performance.

bd22_pub

BBAT #16
From what I hear and remember the first years batch of Hot Dots were not so "hot". I can remember pitching and being able to dribble the Hot Dot between my legs like a basketball, waist high. When you made contact with the bat the Hot Dot would actually warp around the bat on contact. Everyone was complaining when they first came out, infielders were complaining about the "bounce" the Hot Dots would produce in the infield. We are on our 3rd-4th year using Hot Dots and there are plenty of homeruns being hit and very hard hit balls. I have a bag of 32 bp Hot Dot balls that we use every time we hit, and they are holding up just fine all of last year and this year. The newer bats are definitely helping too.

B~TOWN

Addicted to Softballfans
From what I hear and remember the first years batch of Hot Dots were not so "hot". I can remember pitching and being able to dribble the Hot Dot between my legs like a basketball, waist high. When you made contact with the bat the Hot Dot would actually warp around the bat on contact. Everyone was complaining when they first came out, infielders were complaining about the "bounce" the Hot Dots would produce in the infield. We are on our 3rd-4th year using Hot Dots and there are plenty of homeruns being hit and very hard hit balls. I have a bag of 32 bp Hot Dot balls that we use every time we hit, and they are holding up just fine all of last year and this year. The newer bats are definitely helping too.

I agree when 52's were being tested the first hotdot balls were crap sounded like you were hitting pillows . Now they are a good ball they don't egg or loose pop and they fly .

cendresfishing

Star Player
For distance my first pick would be Hot Dots with composite covers. Then the Thunder ZN's.......

Seems like any ball with a synthetic cover loses distance.......

For durability the Evils are the best that I've seen.