How are the asa team edition bats?

cali3

Addicted to Softballfans
I bought one, took 5 hacks off a tee, had an end load BB rattling around. Sent it back to the dealer (SIS) got a new one. Prob 150-200 hits off a tee, again, BB's rattling around. Not sure if most are doing this?? I have a 27oz. feels heavy, I will weigh it soon. Took about 5 in game cuts. It's webbed up a lot, and has a nice cracking sound. Just not there on feel, exit speed and distance just yet. I'm hoping a couple more hundred cuts and it will be good. By the webbing I would think it's fire already, sadly it isn't.

kgarrison3

Manager
I unwrapped a 27oz torq, and a 27oz ASA team edition, the same day and they didn't feel very similar. The ball jumped off the torq much much better(I had the handle taped to not spin on the torq) The ASA webbed up right away. It felt decent, but not nearly as good as the torq. I don't believe they are the same bat minus the handle.

crdizzle6288

Addicted to Softballfans
I bought one, took 5 hacks off a tee, had an end load BB rattling around. Sent it back to the dealer (SIS) got a new one. Prob 150-200 hits off a tee, again, BB's rattling around. Not sure if most are doing this?? I have a 27oz. feels heavy, I will weigh it soon. Took about 5 in game cuts. It's webbed up a lot, and has a nice cracking sound. Just not there on feel, exit speed and distance just yet. I'm hoping a couple more hundred cuts and it will be good. By the webbing I would think it's fire already, sadly it isn't.

must be common... buddy put 5 swings on his in the cage the other night and it has bb's rolling around inside as well.

cali3

Addicted to Softballfans
must be common... buddy put 5 swings on his in the cage the other night and it has bb's rolling around inside as well.

Right on, was hoping that wasn't the case. I really want to like this bat. Prob wait a couple months then send in to Easton. Hopefully the return will be a 2016 ASA Helmer. Who knows tho. I'm sure they have done 2014 L4's or L3's they'd try to push on me.

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
I unwrapped a 27oz torq, and a 27oz ASA team edition, the same day and they didn't feel very similar. The ball jumped off the torq much much better(I had the handle taped to not spin on the torq) The ASA webbed up right away. It felt decent, but not nearly as good as the torq. I don't believe they are the same bat minus the handle.

This is good to hear. I have an ASA Torq that sits in the bag because i dont play too much ASA...i'll need to put a few more cuts on it...

cali3

Addicted to Softballfans
Look, the Easton factory doesn't keep exclusives around to send back for warranties. Those bats are made for a specific retailer.

Everyone knows this by now. You break an exclusive you're getting the regular model equivalent back.
I understand the exclusive part, but the equivalent to the SIS Team ASA is a Baker or Kirby? 2015 at that, not even a 2016? Still bull****.

cali3

Addicted to Softballfans
Here's how the call went:
Me: Hi, I'm calling to see what the return bat will be for a SP16SSTEA?
Easton CS Rep: The same model bat sir.
Me: Well this bat is an exclusive from a certain store.
CS Rep: Oh, what's the model number?
Me: SP16SSTEA
CS Rep: Is that a one piece or 2 piece bat?
Me: 2 piece
CS Rep: Well probably a SP15SKA or SP15BBA. The Kirby or Baker.
Me: Ok, Thanks Bye.

cali3

Addicted to Softballfans
Here's a pic of the scale weight on my 27oz. SIS ASA
S3mhvjo.jpg

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
I understand the exclusive part, but the equivalent to the SIS Team ASA is a Baker or Kirby? 2015 at that, not even a 2016? Still bull****.

You can get a TCT model...your not gonna get an exclusive back, but you're not just limited to the Kirby's if you ask nicely...