Need Help How do I file a claim with USPS for lost bat?

Please advise. I shipped a J2U to South Carolina right before Memorial Day. It arrived at the sellers house with an empty tube ( no bat). They are saying they need some sort of stub they gave me when I shipped the bat. The post office I sent it from is almost an hour away from where I live, i just happened to be in the area at the time. I'm trying to get the claim available to be filed by the seller so he can get reimbursed but USPS is being very difficult. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated if any of you have dealt with this in the past. Thanks

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
They're probably just asking for the ins #, which would be on your receipt if you don't have the stub

joesmoe2012

Insane Dedication
They're probably just asking for the ins #, which would be on your receipt if you don't have the stub

^^this^^^ Just got done with a claim. You need to have the insurance number, a copy of that insurance paper and a copy of your reciept.

^^this^^^ Just got done with a claim. You need to have the insurance number, a copy of that insurance paper and a copy of your reciept.

Why would USPS need that from me. All of that information should be available to them through the tracking number. I find it ridiculous that I have to go through all this, particularly when it appears that its their fault for the bat being lost. Im not sure why the buyer cant just walk into his local USPS location and file the claim, why am I having to send all this information to him so he can then take it to the post office?

OnlySolo

You mad?
Why would USPS need that from me. All of that information should be available to them through the tracking number. I find it ridiculous that I have to go through all this, particularly when it appears that its their fault for the bat being lost. Im not sure why the buyer cant just walk into his local USPS location and file the claim, why am I having to send all this information to him so he can then take it to the post office?

Because YOU shipped the bat. YOU insured the bat. YOU have to file the claim. So YOU should send him money, and YOU should wait for the money from the claim. Pretty simple

marty15

Because YOU shipped the bat. YOU insured the bat. YOU have to file the claim. So YOU should send him money, and YOU should wait for the money from the claim. Pretty simple

^^^^ TROOF "PAY THAT MAN HIS MONEY"

kgb9lb.png

Im not upset with the buyer, he's been very gtg throughout the process. Im frustrated with USPS. Im also unfamiliar with the process because I've never had a bat get lost before

bigdog1031

Addicted to Softballfans
If it was insured for 300 then didn't the buyer have to sign for the bat why would u sign for an empty box

joesmoe2012

Insane Dedication

All insurance claims are through 3rd party companies. They are the ones that need that proof. Basically they hope you don't have that so they can just tell you to screw off. They tried it with me and I sent in copies of reciept insurance paper and they paid 3 days later.

Helton17

The Mouse is in the House
If you cant find the insurance paper, at least get a pic of the part that is attached to the box.